"You think I'm handsome?"

"Good morning, pretty!" Taehyung chirped cheerfully as you stumbled out of your room, fingers pressed to your temple as you groaned

"Good morning, pretty!" Taehyung chirped cheerfully as you stumbled out of your room, fingers pressed to your temple as you groaned. Having a high alcohol tolerance was both a blessing and a curse— the latter being because after a night of drinking to your heart's content, the headache you had the next morning was always spectacular.

You felt like your brain had been pulverized inside your skull and was only continuing to exist so it could cause you pain. The bright, cheerful light filtering from the windows did nothing but stab your eyeballs with unwanted sunbeams and positivity right then.

There was no room for positivity here.

You glared at a still-beaming Kim Taehyung with lidded eyes.

Honestly, you wondered why you let Jimin get you so drunk. You two had hit it off like old friends, the dancing being purely platonic and fun and a welcome distraction from how Taehyung could make your insides melt without a second glance.

Jimin had given you absolute hell when you'd unwittingly spilled that to him in one of your long rants about the annoying demigod.

He was worse than Aurem, and that should have been impossible.

"You have a crush on him!"

"I most certainly do NOT!"

"The way you blush whenever I mention him begs to differ, sweetheart,"

"YAH BRAT—"

A spike of pain in your head brought you back to the present, with Taehyung in front of you as you tried to blink the bleariness out of your eyes.

You didn't exactly remember how the two of you had gotten home— but it was probably Jimin. The kid was sweet; he'd probably taken care of your drunk a*s after you'd downed one too many of his heavenly drinks.

Dancing with Jimin had been an incredible way to lighten your mood fast. He, true to his word, hadn't tried anything on you, seemingly content with just dancing with you and talking with you and cracking jokes with you as a friend. He was mischievous, a little chaotic, but fun. And yet you couldn't seem to take your mind off Taehyung, especially with the subtle inquiring Jimin had been doing.

You didn't know exactly why Jimin seemed to fixated on Taehyung, though. You tried to be as minimal as possible with the information you gave, because Taehyung didn't exactly officially exist in the world, and after a while, Jimin let it go, content to just listen to you rant about how annoying he was.

The awkwardness that had hung thick in the air between you and Taehyung that night had all but vanished too as the demigod grinned lopsidedly at you over the kitchen counter, and you weren't complaining. Alcohol just made your actions more irrational and more based on feelings. You were usually better at controlling them.

"How are you so happy right now?" you groaned, letting your side thud heavily into the wall as a pang burst through your head, balefully glaring at Taehyung and his permanent grin. "Ugh, I feel like my head is about to explode."