"I don't need your pity."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽                 ༓                  ☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

It took a few minutes for your breathing to finally begin to slow from its harsh, heart-wrenching hyperventilating pace, and Taehyung believed he'd never felt more relieved in his life when your harsh breaths gradually evened into normalcy.

He wished he could say it was him that had helped you return to that state, he wished he could say he'd held you until you calmed, wrapped in his arms. However, he couldn't say that, because it would frankly be a lie.

With a sigh, Taehyung rubbed his arm and tore his gaze away from your slumped form, the chilly air of the room making him wish he could drape himself over you and share his heat.

He also wished he was a little better at the whole... comforting thing.

Um. Comforting without touch, that was. Comforting without rough kisses as a distraction, comforting without possessive hands wandering or even gentle hair strokes. Taehyung knew you wouldn't appreciate something like that at the moment, not with the way you had your fingers laced together tightly in your lap as you shifted in the seat next to him, head hanging and gaze trained on the floor, and the unsettling silence thickening around you with every moment that passed.

Taehyung had always known you, in the beginning at least, disliked how he touched you. The way you'd shift away from him casually slinging an arm over your shoulders, teasing grin a little too close to your face, holding your hand, hugging you, even. The thing was, Taehyung had always been one to express himself through actions. His language of affection? It had always been touch.

That was why it was easy for him to tell you didn't enjoy it as much as he'd have liked you to. Your body language— the way you used to lean away from him, keep your distance, stiffen up when he got too close, get defensive and snappy when he invaded your personal space without warning— your body language spoke volumes. That was why he'd always felt you'd be more of a challenge to win over than anyone he'd ever worked his charms on before.

That was also why his pride took a day trip through the clouds every moment you seemed to tolerate his hands on you a little bit more, allowing him to use his fingers to convey how he felt.

Taehyung didn't even know when the touching turned from teasing, carefree, a little too playful, to those little messages he wished with all his heart you'd pick up on.

The hands on your waist, Y/N? It means I want everyone to know I desire you.

The fingers on your jaw? I want you to look up, up and into my eyes and take a long look— see how I feel.