"There's that smile."

"I'm already beginning to regret this

"I'm already beginning to regret this."

You threw your head back and tried to stifle a laugh at Namjoon's disgruntled expression through your phone screen as your brother's storm-dark eyes tracked Taehyung's large palm dragging you closer to him on his seat next to you, occasionally offering you a bit of the slice of strawberry cake you'd packed for him last night. As much as you tried to roll your eyes and feign annoyance, the contact with him pulled up flush against you was enough to have your heart shuddering— and not in a bad way either.

You'd have thought that with Namjoon watching, the idiot son of Ares would have settled down a little bit. But, well, after the talk they'd had after that dinner you'd attended with the crackheaded demigods of doom, they seemed to be on more reasonable terms and refraining from glaring bloody murder at each other.

Which was always a good sign. Wouldn't want two demigods trying to rip each other to shreds, now would we?

The headphone that wasn't tucked into your ear, covered by your hair, dangled from Taehyung's, wrapped around it multiple times painstakingly carefully by you to ensure it didn't fall out, because your son of Ares just couldn't seem to grasp through his curiosity how it worked.

The two of you were tucked in a quiet corner of the library on campus, you not having any classes in the morning today, which was good, as you were still tired as heck (thanks to have stayed up late last night with those idiot demigods refusing to let you and Taehyung get any sleep) and feeling the need to catch up before you missed anything else of significance. You'd missed Aurem and Hana again, which made you kind of upset because frankly, you hadn't seen your best friends in a good couple of days thanks to your brother and his band of crackheaded demigods, and you wanted to spend time with them.

Really, you couldn't help but feel that clenching of unease and guilt on you as you realized that you had indeed been growing a little distant from your best friends. You wanted to tell them the truth, you really did, but you weren't classified as insane just yet. You were getting there (no thanks to a certain red-haired menace beside you) but you hadn't quite crossed that line.

Namjoon on the other side of your phone rolled his eyes at the way Taehyung teasingly smirked into the camera, looking positively heartbreaking in the reflection as he drew close to you, too close for comfort for far too long. But, you reasoned with yourself, it's only because of the call. There's no reason to lose your cool, Y/N, stay calm.

Your pounding heart (which you prayed to whatever god was up there that Taehyung could not feel), although trying its best, clearly did not get the memo.

Your rolled your eyes at Namjoon's protectiveness before you peered at your phone, taking a closer look at the activities going on in the background on your screen. "Kim Namjoon, I thought that you were only going to my apartment for a second, what the f*ck is going on back there?"