"Take my hand."

You regretted this.

"Tae," you warned, trepidation flitting through you as Taehyung scampered around your living room like an overexcited squirrel, "Kim Taehyung, it took me AGES to arrange everything nicely!"

When you'd wordlessly given Taehyung permission to entertain you how he saw fit this evening, you weren't sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't said demigod defiling your living room. Namely, he was shoving everything in sight into the back corner with the TV, probably to leave a wide expanse in the center of the room free for use. 

"I'll put everything back," Taehyung chirped, barely out of breath even though he'd single-handedly shoved the entirety of your living room  backward, "but now, we are going to do something fun."

The unadulterated skepticism on your face was enough to make Taehyung burst into laughter.

"You really think the worst of me," he mused, mischief lighting up his face.

"Oh, definitely," you drawled back, a smile tugging at your lips as you indulged in his banter, "what have you done to prove otherwise?"

"I've done plenty," he protested. You nearly laughed at the puppy-like, imploring look on his face.

He did have a point, though. From making you laugh to protecting you from harpies from comforting you just an hour ago, Taehyung had proven he wasn't all you'd initially thought he was. He was childish and flirty, sure, but you thought you could see the glimmer of a kind heart here and there, if you looked close enough.

You twisted your lips to the side and pretended to think. Taehyung huffed, and you finally relented.

"Alright, alright," you sighed, "I trust you, Tae, against my better judgement. How do you want to spend one of our last days together?"

If Taehyung's face fell as your last few words, you could barely tell before he turned around, busying himself in his task and then turning back.

When you caught his eye again, the demigod's eyes twinkled with a sort of excitement you hadn't really seen before as he easily shoved your coffee table to the side, lean muscles rippling. If you were Aurem, you'd be drooling. Thank goodness you had a bit more self-respect.

(You were desperately trying to keep yourself together at the moment but no one needed to know that.)

Taehyung spread his arms wide in the middle of your now-empty living room, like he was about to entertain a spectacle. He shook his head like a wet puppy, trying to get his fluffy hair out of his eyes. He bowed at you theatrically and with a wink, making you bite your cheek to remind yourself not to blush.

"Now, sweetheart," he smiled, "monsters are about. Why don't I show you what a son of the god of war can really do?"

Taehyung yanked the chain off his neck in one smooth motion, and his beautiful kopis materialized smoothly into his hands, the light of your flat gleaming off the razor edge of his blade. He rolled the hilt over his knuckles like he'd been playing with knives since the beginning of time (he likely had been, actually) before locking eyes with you, a red-gold glint flickering in his usually-warm brown irises.

"Come here," Taehyung said, and you couldn't help but notice the rougher, more commanding edge to his already-deep voice that made you involuntarily move forward to obey. You didn't know why the look of Taehyung with his sword made you instinctively nervous, but it was something you couldn't control. Something old and primal.

Something... godly.

"Tae," you hummed a tad nervously as you approached him, "you'd better not behead me with that thing, yeah?"