"What happened? Did you lose an eyelash?"

"There's a curse on that sword,"

"No sh*t," you snorted, crossing your arms as you peered at the long, reddish-bronze blade resting innocently on the long mahogany table that you and Adra had spent many a day working and discussing on. The large display room that now held your Ancient Greek exhibit, previously unused, was where you usually did most of your work (both for the museum and school, when you had time), and now, with Taehyung beside you and Adra across from you, it seemed that you'd be doing some more of that.

Work. Ugh. Lord spare me.

"No need to be snippy, Y/N," Adra admonished, almost making you feel like this was just another normal day at the museum.

Which it certainly wasn't, considering your boss had the lower body of a lion.

YEP, NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY WHATSOEVER.

"Yes, well, perhaps you would be snappish as well if you knew the curse was gods-given," Taehyung shifted a little closer to you and fixed his dark gaze on the sphinx on the other side of the table, serious for once. Adra groaned.

"Styx!" she huffed as she took a swig out of one of the many half-empty waterbottles that littered the table. It was an odd habit of hers, to always pop out a new one even when she wasn't finished.

Probably some weird sphinx-related hoarding syndrome.

Honestly, now that you knew about this, a lot of things were starting to make sense. Like, owning a museum? Sphinxes in mythology were notorious treasure hoarders and guarders, and there was no lack of old, fancy items in here (and how many of those were magic? You'd perhaps never know). Things were piecing themselves together in your mind, the entire tapestry weaving in perfectly.

Frankly, you thought there'd be more pointless denial.

The fact that there wasn't kind of scared you.

"Yes, it's bad," Taehyung smirked at Adra's reaction before leaning in to you, voice so low you had to strain your ears to hear it, "but so am I, baby, and so are all the things I want to do to you."

Well, 'annoying flirty Taehyung' was back and you were NOT enjoying it, no matter how much your blush tried to announce otherwise.

"I will slice your d*ck off," you huffed, turning away from him, which only made him shake his head and chuckle lightly. Was it a bad idea threatening the guy who literally had a destructive temper tantrum last chapte- whoops, sorry, a few minutes ago? Yes. Most definitely.

But was that going to stop you?

No.

Adra did not seem to be taken with Taehyung at the moment either. She sat back on her haunches and batted at the blade on the table with a large forepaw, claws sheathed. "What did you even DO to make the gods that angry?" she huffed, scrutinizing the sword further.