"Monsters? As in more creepy stuff from Greek myths?"

"We're SO going to be late," you groaned, eyes fixated on the glowing numbers on the dashboard as you pressed your foot on the gas pedal, not caring in the slightest if you broke the speed limit

Taehyung, on the other hand, uneasily shrunk back into his seatbelt-less seat, jerking along with the sharp movements of the car.

"Would you slow down?" Taehyung hissed as he was thrown into the door when you took a right turn, rubbing his shoulder, "This ridiculous Zeus-powered chariot is going to the death of me."

"I wouldn't mind whatsoever," you shot back, the sheer material of the cloth around your shoulders and arms stretching as you tightened your grip on the steering wheel, gaze unable to leave the blinking green numbers in front of you.

6:56. Four minutes, you had exactly four minutes. There was no way you were going to embarrass both yourself and Adra by arriving late to your own grand opening.

But it was either running the risk of being late or letting Taehyung show up to the banquet in his sneakers.

Yes, you'd gotten him clothes (ones that made him look like a whole damn buffet, but that wasn't important), and even though YOU had in your mind that you were going to wear those old heels (ugh, how you hated heels) in the back of the closet that Aurem had gifted you, your dumba*s had utterly forgotten that Taehyung needed dress shoes as well.

"Taehyung...?" you'd been momentarily blinded when you first tumbled out of your room, hands still in your hair, awestruck at the demigod's complete and utter beauty as he stretched his arms up, every lean, corded muscle in his body flexing as he did so.

Your mouth went dry because hoLY sh*t, who gave the dude the right to go ahead and attack you like that?

He must have felt your stare because his eyes lazily flicked up to meet yours, and a slow, feline smirk spread over his face as his dark eyes languidly raked over your entire form, as if savoring the sight of you.

THIS is what you had been expecting back in the shop, honestly. None of that 'beautiful' nonsense that made the butterflies in your stomach flutter wildly.

"Hi, pretty," Taehyung had drawled, tilting his head and exposing the thin expanse of honey-tinted skin under his jaw, where the bruise you'd given him a day before still gleamed dully in the light. "You look good, sweetheart, let's see if anyone can keep their hands off you tonight."

"They had better," you shot him a sharp glare, to which Taehyung just let out a husky laugh. "Come here."

You reached into your small, rose gold  pocketbook you'd bought at Aurem's request and pulled out the thin bottle of concealer again, prodding Taehyung's jaw with a gloved hand so he tipped his head to the side and let you drag the brush over his bruised skin.

You unintentionally dipped lower than you should have, roughly brushing at the crease of his neck, and his breath hitched as the faintest of groans hit your ears. You quickly withdrew, heart thudding in your chest because UGH THIS GUY HAD TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO SENSUAL, didn't he?