"You're safe. Thank the gods."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽                  ༓                  ☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Are you sure you're alright?"

You let out a long, long sigh as you leveled Aurem with a faintly irritated look, your ears having gotten pretty tired of hearing the same words over and over again. "Yes, you dumba*s!" you rolled your eyes aggressively, threading fingers through your hair in exasperation. "How many times do I need to tell you? I'm fine!"

"Well okay, exCuse me for trying to be a good friend," Aurem pouted as she looked at your apartment building through Hana's window, frowning at you. "I think you need to understand that it's not every day you break down into a confession like this. This is WEIRD. We're just looking out for you."

"May I remind you I was FORCED into said confession by you IDIOTS—"

"Yeah, Y/N," Hana interrupted your splutter with an infuriatingly smug expression as she once again kicked her feet up, instilling in you the overwhelming desire to strangle her, "no need to be mean. We're looking out for you."

You let out a drawn out groan and buried your head in your hands.

To be clear, it wasn't that you didn't appreciate your friends at all. You knew that they'd been sort of right to threaten you with indefinite captivity in Hana's car to get you to tell them at least a little bit of what was going on. The feelings side of this whole demigod fiasco. You still felt guilty about keeping them in the dark about the rest of it... but maybe they were better off NOT knowing that Greek gods and demigods and monsters exists and constantly feeling like their heads are going to explode from all the stress.

But aside from that, you did appreciate them comforting you. And, as if they somehow knew before you told them that you and Taehyung had a falling out, you also appreciated the two boxes of strawberry desserts Aurem had forced upon you to give to the demigod as an apology.

You like to think of it as a peace offering.

Maybe it was better that Aurem had taken the lead on this one. You and Hana... well, the apologizing scene wasn't one you frequented very often. It was hard for you to really admit you were wrong. And in this case, you still didn't think you were wrong in trying to spare your feelings! It was the only logical thing to do!

But you'd hurt your attractive idiot of a demigod, and now you had to make up for it.

SO YES. Your friends were brilliant. There was no denying that.

They were also very, very annoying.

"You guys are so dumb," you seethed as you stepped out of the car, all but trying to shove your friends back inside, "can you look out for me later? This is going to be hard enough as it is, I don't need you spying on AND PROBABLY FILMING this entire awkward disaster!"