"Prepare for incoming nosebleed-"

"Uh, pretty one?"

"Uh, pretty one?"

Taehyung's low voice cut through the boisterous laughter that you were beginning to be absorbed into, his breath tickling your ear in a tauntingly feather-light caress.

You, at the moment, were pressed right up against Taehyung in the booth all of you had decided you were going to force yourselves into, which was perfectly fine, save for the fact that you were wedged so close to the demigod beside you that you may as well have been sitting on his lap.

Not that you would mind, really- all Taehyung's manspreading had just let the fact burrow into your mind that his godly, muscled thighs were just-

Aaaand noPE, you were letting the alcohol get to you and you hadn't even taken a sip of it yet.

Damn it all, you were NOT supposed to be having those thoughts about Kim Taehyung.

You glanced at said demigod, furrowing your gaze as you absentmindedly slid him the soju bottle everyone seated at the table had been passing around, evidently in 'honor of you deciding to show up'.

Kai had been absolutely over the moon when he had first seen you, face lighting up as he leapt away from Yeonjun beside him and all but hooted in victory and excitement.

"Noona!" he had yelped, smiling so widely at you hat you couldn't help but grin back, "you came!"

"I told you she would, Kai," Hana rolled her eyes, snorting so vigorously that Aurem by her side let out a little giggle at the woman beside her, who was clearly unimpressed by the theatrics the youngest in your friend group had been pulling.

"Yeah, but still!" Kai bounced on his toes, finally just giving in and lunging forward, catching you in a sparse hug before sheepishly breaking away, his adorable face scrunched up happily. Yeah, THIS was why you agreed to come- Kai was just too cute to resist.

You didn't even mind the slight discomfort that accompanied the short embrace, even though you were sure Taehyung had caught it, judging by the way he shifted behind you.

You had ignored the demigod and ruffled your youngest friend's hair affectionately, even while you scoffed. "Dumba*s, did you really think I'd miss your birthday?" you demanded playfully, flicking the maknae of the five boys in your friend circle across the ear. He whined, but there was no real protest behind it.

"Well, we had our doubts," Soobin yelled from across the table, to which you shot him a glare.

"Hyung!" Kai huffed, the almost reprimanding tone making Soobin snicker but fall silent.

"Soobin I swear to fricking GOD-"

"Yah, Soobin, relax," Yeonjun had smoothly interrupted the beginnings of your death threats with a clear, loud voice that pierced through the red shades of the elegantly luxurious nightclub, "give her some credit. Not only did SHE come, but she brought her boyfriend too!"