"So? You like him?"

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽                ༓                 ☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽ ༓ ☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"This is illegal," you warned for the fifth time, vigorously shaking your can of pepper spray at the two of them and wanting to yell when they didn't even flinch, "LET ME OUT, DAMN IT!"

"Why do you have pepper spray in your bag, is my question," Aurem said, mildly curious.

"I told you, nothing's wrong!" you groaned desperately, letting your head fall into your palms and rubbing at your eyes, feeling like you were honestly about to cry in frustration, "Why are you trying to interrogate me?!"

"You know what, I vote we stop being nice to her," Hana scowled fiercely and sat herself across from you on the gap between the two front seats, lacing her fingers with each other and narrowing her eyes at your exasperated expression, patience clearly dwindling. She was a bit calmer when first starting, but now, you could very much see that tick in her eye and jaw as you watched her glare at you. "You honestly think your best friends wouldn't notice that you've been moping like a depressed manatee ALL DAY? You think you're slick, but not to me, you're not. You've finally stopped avoiding us, and now THIS. Like, what the f*ck is UP with you? Why are you staring off into space like a melodramatic female lead every three minutes?"

Unwittingly, you rolled your eyes, a snarky remark about how of course Hana would know all about the melodramatic female leads from her trashy fanfiction, but at her furious glare, you kept your mouth shut. Out of the corner of your eye, your gaze flicked to the darkening sky outside. You couldn't help the small twinge of distress that tugged at the back of your brain.

Ah f*ck, you really shouldn't have left without Taehyung.

If you'd just decided to TALK with him in the morning instead of running, you probably wouldn't be feeling this guilty and discontented, your friends wouldn't be locking you in a car to interrogate you on WHY, and you wouldn't have the worry in your mind that on your way home, a monster could leap at you and you could die.

Without telling that demigod... that infuriating, polar opposite to you demigod... that you...

You slapped your thoughts away so quickly you almost heard a crack.

Hana's suspicious eyes didn't leave you as you frowned, her gaze becoming almost unsettling. Most days, the three of you would often get done with your classes around this time, 4 in the evening, and then you'd meet up to go to the library to study for a bit before either crashing at one of your places to chill or going out to eat. You were so close-knit that it wasn't even an odd thing anymore.

(Of course, with Taehyung around in the beginning, you'd flaked on them a lot, but now you were finally beginning to slip back into your usual habits, thank goodness).