"It's lucky I'm good at making you laugh."

Initially, Taehyung wouldn't let you drive.

"I do not want to... what is it you call it... end up smushed in your metal chariot," he'd huffed crossly when you finally unwound yourself from him, clutching your things and reminding the demigod you should really be getting home before sunset.

You'd made a severe face at him and he grimaced, relenting.

After a quick text to your undoubtedly concerned friends, who you assumed probably slipped out after realizing you weren't in any danger with Taehyung to coax you through your little panic episode, you'd essentially marched him to the car in your desire to get to your bed after a harrowing day.

"You should teach me how to operate this contraption," Taehyung muttered, still in a petulant mood after being forcibly removed from the quiet hug he'd— guiltily— enjoyed, the warmth of your body and relaxed demeanor in his hands making his heart flutter. "What am I meant to do if you're unwell and I must travel? I haven't seen a single horse since we've arrived and this jungle of stone is too confusing to traverse on foot."

Not for the first time, you quirked a smile and felt a laugh bubbling in your throat at Taehyung's choice of words. A month of being in the 21st century clearly hadn't scrubbed the Ancient Greek part of the demigod's brain clean, and it was endearing to watch him grow before your eyes.

You caught your observations before they wandered into a mushier train of thought. You'd just, in a debatable decision, opened up to Taehyung about your past love. You couldn't be crushing on him now.

Even if he did technically say...

You gripped the steering wheel tighter and instead tried to imagine teaching Taehyung to drive.

The thought made you on either the verge of laughter or tears, and you weren't quite sure which. All you were certain of was that the phrase 'train wreck' was many times too passive a word to describe what Taehyung would do you your poor car.

You grimaced. "Horses have gone out of fashion, Tae, but I'm not sure I'm in the right state of mental stability to teach YOU to drive."

"I'm an excellent learner!" Taehyung protested, "I'd be good!"

You snorted. Taehyung crossed his arms and poured, to which you tried not to smile and shook your head.

You pretended not to notice how Taehyung, instead of resting his head against the window and staring, fascinated, at the way the buildings and predestines zoomed by past his plane of glass, instead fixed his dark eyes on you, a soft look of wonder flitting over his pretty face.

The ride home was quiet, but an easy sort of quiet. It let you think without that frantic scrambling and stress. It felt as though Taehyung had taken your fear and slid it away during your hug back in that classroom.

Taehyung may be irritating at times, but this wasn't one of them. Your kind kept flicking back to how you were at the classroom— vulnerable and scared, and yet Taehyung stepped up to take care of you. The way his arms wrapped around you made you feel like you could stay in them forever. The way he radiated heat and warmth made you want to snuggle into him until you burned up.

You didn't pay attention much to what he said. Your story often incited strong reactions in people. But as you'd stayed in his embrace, you felt a bell ring in your head.

Taehyung was many things, but at least this one time, you could say that his heart was true.

Your thoughts were swept back to the first time you met him, then your first trip to Target, his constant teasing, your rendezvous at the museum... the weeks you'd spent with him flashed before your eyes.