Fourteen

"If I were to dye your hair like a rainbow would you say yes?" Aries asked Marlene making the girl scoff.

"I told you highlights are fine, but a rainbow? Meredith, I don't want to look like a clown." She shook her head.

"What if it was just rainbow tips and not the whole head?" Aries tried.

"Teal tips and it's a deal." Marlene bargained making Aries smirk in satisfaction.

At the moment, Marlene was bugging Aries about her 'boring' hair and wanted a change. Marlene requested highlights but, well, Aries had a more creative mindset.

After selecting the perfect color and applying the dye to Marlenes hair, Aries put on foil and let it sit for about forty minutes.

"Stop spraying the water in my eyes." Marlene grumbled as Aries giggled.

She moved her wand around her friend's hair, letting the water sprout from it and wash the excess dye out into the sink of the lavatory.

"Alright, now keep a towel wrapped around your pillow tonight, the dye might not fully set until later." Aries suggested.

"How come we didn't just use magic?" Marlene asked.

"Because I don't know how to do that spell yet. You don't want your hair to fall out, do you?" Aries asked.

"No, of course not. Just, magic would be so much faster." Marlene shrugged.

"You'll get lazy if you use magic all the time. I mean, my parents use either magic or the house elf for everything. I swear they're couch potato's." Aries joked.

Marlene giggled and looked at her hair in the mirror. "Bloody Salazar, you never told me you were a professional." She said in awe.

"I'm not." Aries shrugged. "My first time, really." She admitted.

Marlene raised a brow. "This was your first time and you didn't think to share that information." She shook her head.

"Dry up, Kevin is probably waiting downstairs." Aries said as she peaked out the dorm door.

Kevin Lumberherth, a sixth year Ravenclaw that seemed like a nice guy. Though he kind of looked like he could be her brother.

"Hey McKinnon, there's a Ravenclaw smart arse waiting for you." A Slytherin shouted.

"Down in a sec!" Marlene yelled back.

She finished drying her hair and smiled happily with her hair and outfit choice.

"You look great, Mar." Aries told the blonde as she turned to her best friend.

"I feel great." She said smiling happily.

She looked really excited. Happy. Something Aries had missed feeling.

"Now go and blow his mind." Aries said rushing Marlene out the door.

"I'll see you tonight!" Marlene waved as she left and made her way down to her date.

Aries sighed and began cleaning up the dye that had dropped onto the floor and chair.

Someone knocked on the door making Aries jump, slip, and mark her cheek with blue dye.

"Shit." Aries cursed herself with a sigh.

"Marlene, I thought you and Kev-...You're not Marlene." Aries said as she opened the door.

"Nope, I'm your flesh and blood though." Regulus walked into the dorm making Aries roll her eyes.

"What do you want? I need to finish cleaning." Aries said as she once again began cleaning up where Marlene once sat.

"Yeah, you have dye on your face, by the way." He stated the obvious as Aries gave him a pointed look.