Forty-Six

Herbology had been surprisingly fascinating, instead of doing any hands-on activities, Professor Sprout sufficed to learning from the books for a change.

This had put Aries in a rather happy mood before she went off into Potions class.

Potions was rather boring with Professor Valentine, they ended up having to revise on the Wit-Sharpening potion, which Aries had gotten second in finishing, right behind Severus Snape.

Aries had grinned when she had gone to her Arithmancy class with Professor Garrison and confusedly took in the E on her first exam.

"I am very pleased with your work, Miss Black. Though I'd appreciate more work on the paper." He had told her.

She simply rolled her eyes at his words, not taking an ounce of his suggestion to mind when she left and started her tutoring sessions.

First with Leslie Beckett for Herbology

Second with Sasha Binns for Herbology

And third with James Potter for Charms.

"You know I heard about the fight in DADA, earlier this morning." James spoke as he lifted his head from the charms book she had made him read. "Is it true that Honey has a black eye now?" He asked curiously.

"Focus, Potter." Aries muttered as she customized her designs on her parchment.

"And what about in charms? I heard in the common room that a guy tried to trip you for showing off. Then another threw some words at you." He wiggled his brows in interest.

"Are you all about gossip or trying to pass Charms?" Aries said pausing her sketch to look up at him with a stern expression.

"Not having a good day, I get it, alright, I'm reading, happy now?" James muttered as he went back to reading.

Aries got no more than ten seconds of silence before James started at it again.

"I heard you told the boy off, what did you say to him? Do I need to give him a piece of my mind." James said fisting his hand and beating it with his other open one.

"The only piece of your mind I need is the one that actually wants to learn." Aries rolled her eyes, though she smiled internally for his gesture. "But if I do, you'll be one to know." She said quietly, not glancing up to see his small smile.

A smile not from wanting to beat up another kid, but from the triumph of getting on her good side.

Though he felt she couldn't be trustworthy at times and knew how to loop her way through any truth. She was still a girl he knew he needed to look after. Aries was no longer just a stuck up Slytherin that had fun in tormenting students.

Aries was the sister of his best friend, and if that meant anything to him at all, it meant he needed to protect her. Even if he despised the way she taught him.

"I can feel your eyes on my head, Potter. Read." She told him, without looking at him.

He only grinned and shook his head, going back to the book nonetheless.

———————

Aries scowled at the chapter of the book in her hands. Frustration written all over her as Remus watched her in amusement.