Thirty-Eight

Three days

It had been three days and Aries still couldn't figure out the incantation.

"The Marauders." Aries said pointing her wand at it, she groaned when it did nothing. "Black, Potter, Pettigrew, and Lupin." She muttered pointing her wand all the same.

"Maybe it's just a normal piece of parchment." Marlene pointed out.

"Or maybe you're just doing the movement wrong?" Alice suggested.

Aries had been trying non-stop for hours. Now she was currently doing it under the Gryffindor table, ignoring Potters annoyed glances and Peter glares.

"I don't get it." Aries huffed as she folded up the parchment.

"Or maybe you can just ask them?" Honey advised.

"I doubt they'll even tell me." Aries sighed and put her wand on the table.

"They probably won't." Honey shrugged.

Aries glared at Honey, "thanks for the feedback, Hon. But I'm not getting into this map." She muttered.

Honey sighed and looked at her like she had two heads. "You're a legilimen, read their bloody minds." She said keeping her voice low.

Aries realized she could, but before she got a chance to even open her ears to what they could be thinking, the Marauders had started to get up.

Lily scoffed, "I swear, they're always up to no good." She rolled her eyes.

Aries didn't miss her friends words.

"That's it." Aries mentally cursed herself for being so little minded.

"What's what?" Marlene asked.

"At home, Sirius and I always had a code. When we went next door to visit Honey at night, we would always say 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' to each other. It was a code to say that we were ready to go." Aries smiled sadly at the memory, but picked up the parchment nonetheless.

————————

Instead of trying the code on the parchment then and there, Aries took a more secret approach to it and left the Great Hall before the Marauders. She went towards the familiar wall she always knew would work.

Quickly, she thought of the type of room she wanted to be in, and paced back and forth three times.

A grin developing her features when she saw the door opening, before anyone could walk near, she walked through the doors and let them shut behind her.

A small room sat, reminding her vaguely of what her uncle Alfreds home felt like. Cozy and warm.

He was the only uncle, or relative, that actually cared about her thoughts, that cared about her.

He had a special room in his home, he called it his green library, since he had literally an entire garden in a library room.

The walls were green and white, big full windows on two walls. Plants hanging from the ceiling and spilling out of their pots, flowers sitting on the windowsill. Bookshelves littering the empty walls and multiple armchairs and a coffee table in the center of it all.

It was her safe place, her go-to, she felt like home there. Sadly, Uncle Alfred had fallen into a bad sickness over his old age, his wife Tanya hadn't wanted to catch anything and ended up leaving him.

She settled in one of the armchairs where a small lamp was standing. She pulled out the parchment and grabbed her wand, pointing it at the page.

"I solemnly swear, that I am up to no good" she chanted. Similar to her own, ink began to flood over the paper.