Five

Once Aries pried herself from Regulus' arms, she walked outside of his room and leaned against the wall, sliding down until she was sitting on the steps.

Earlier Aries had been on her way to the dungeon and was met by a dementor inside of a broken open broom closet. The terrifying experience that her mind and eyes allowed her to witness brought the girl to a panic attack, only to be found by her brother only minutes later.

The scene she had watched, the demonstration of Aries worst fear only emphasized and brought back the same feeling of pure terror that she felt back then.

She was a Black, and as much as any other cold hearted Slytherin had desired to be in her position, it held consequences. Perfection was not only required or sought out, but to be better than perfect was mandatory.

If she was not perfect, set herself a hair out of line, consequences were suffered and learned from.

Suddenly Aries felt tainted, as if the very essence of her name put a dark mark on her life. That no one could really accept her because of where she came from and what she had been through.

Emptiness and hate spread through her body like wildfire. No one had ever truly wanted her, loved her, knew her. There were times it felt as though Marlene was only there for show, for good looks to instill ties between Slytherin families.

Suddenly, Aries flew off the steps and ran. Her body was taking her somewhere her mind wasn't fast enough to understand.

Up.

Air.

She just needed more oxygen.

The tower. She climbed up the moving stairs. Her eyes didn't search for Filch, but thankfully she didn't need to. Vacant stairs and vacant corridors sat below her while her legs slowed from exhaustion.

Aries ran her hands through her hair as her insecurities began to rise up her throat and choke her. Aries arm suddenly becoming itchy as her other hand came up to scratch it.

It wasn't enough with Aries short nails that she itches harder, her breathing beginning to falter.

Seeing the Gryffindors common room entrance gave her hope to find Lily. The red head knew exactly what to say and do when this occurred.

With the knowledge of the common room password due to her friend, she made it into the red room before collapsing beside the fire place.

What if she could never be enough? That for the rest of her life she would be alone. Lily didn't deserve to be motherly toward Aries. She felt selfish for even thinking about taking her friend away from her much needed sleep.

Aries didn't realize that she began to draw blood, while her mind scrambled and suddenly released. Her brain fogged while her body began to numb. Tears had already released and were dampening her white top. Tears mixed with the blood on her arms creating such a sting that if it wasn't for her gift, she would've passed out.

Passing out may have been the better option.

The thoughts of everyone in the castle came at her like a sledgehammer to her school, a cry of pain released from her while she grabbed her head and leaned again the warm wall close to the heat.

What she didn't realize during this panic attack was that there was someone still in the common room. In fact, a very familiar someone had gotten back from the kitchens only moments ago with food stacked in his hands and his glasses somewhat askew.

When he himself realized someone was in the common room, he had froze. Getting a detention for being out past curfew wasn't so bad but it was unnecessary and avoidable to his view point.