Seventy-One

Aries didn't talk, even after she had finished sobbing. Sure, Hagrid's Hippogriff was a good distraction, but it was only temporary. Her mind had immediately gone back to the boggart after Regulus had left her side.

Remus didn't seem to mind that much and just let her calm down and let her think. He himself had little difficulty calming her down, doing nothing more than running his fingers through her hair and holding her sweetly.

Neither wanted to get too attached, knowing it was only going to be some time before they had to try and forget about each other.

As Remus continued to run his fingers through Aries soft hair, he couldn't help but feel worried over why she had come to him so overwhelmed.

The birthday party had ended awhile ago and everyone had already dispersed to their own dorms. Sirius, James and Peter had gone down to the kitchen for food. Seeing as the full moon was coming up soon, he wasn't too interested in doing anything but lay down and relax.

Remus was overall surprised, nervous and slightly excited that Aries had shown up, hoping they could rekindle what they had broken off. But once he saw the tear stains and the water flowing, he knew their relationship could wait.

As of right now, he wasn't sure what was taking his friends so long in the kitchens, seeing as they promised they would bring him food. Though he was slightly glad to be able to have this alone time with Aries, whether or not she was upset or happy.

Remus wanted to say something, anything. Wanted to just say whatever he could, but nothing would come out. Nothing seemed good enough to say. He kept quiet, taking advantage of the small moment he was starting to keep as a memory.

"I'm sorry." Aries whispered, her voice slightly breaking. She didn't look up at him, just stayed in his arms, completely relaxed.

"Why? For what?" Remus asked, "You have nothing to be sorry for." He shook his head.

Aries sighed, "I dumped a guy I really liked. I messed up my relationship with my brother, both of them. I messed up my own life. I literally can't even be myself without feeling like I'm being watched. Mindy is completely against me. Regulus hates me. I highly doubt I'll make it to the end of the year because I'm so stre-"

"Shhh." Aries hadn't even realized she was starting to sob again until Remus started running his fingers through her hair again. It was odd how calming it was, the physical motion of his hand brushing her hair out of her face. It relaxed her.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. You did everything for a good reason. You didn't ruin anything. You were abused at a young age and now have to deal with that, which I wish I could be more helpful around. Your brother will come around, family always does." Remus reassured her.

"Then why do I constantly feel like I destroy everything I touch?" Aries asked Remus.

"You and Marlene are still friends right?" Remus asked, feeling a nod, he continued, "You didn't mess that up. What happened with us...you're in an arranged marriage, and I understand all of your reasons." Remus admitted.

"Well, I'm also sorry for ruining your birthday." Aries spoke, her voice still fragile.

"You didn't ruin a thing, in fact, your gift made it the best birthday ever." Remus said, continuing with his hands in her hair.

"You knew it was from me?" Aries asked.

"You're the only one that calls me, Rem." Remus shrugged, smiling at the nickname.

"I hoped you'd notice, I just didn't want you to feel like I forgot. I was actually looking forward to it for awhile." Aries admitted.

Before either could speak anything more, the door opened and in came the rest of the Marauders. The three looked rather confused yet disturbed by Aries presence, especially by the fact that she seemed to be in a bad mood.

"Is everything ok?" Sirius asked as he set the food on his desk and knelt down to where the two were.

"Since when did you get her?" James asked, being the one with complete confusion.

"Is that really what you're gonna ask right now?" Peter asked as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Ok, why are you crying?" James asked with a sigh, leaning against Sirius's bed post by Peter, the smaller boy only rolled his eyes while James stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"The world is against me and my life doesn't matter." Aries summed.

"Great, question answered. Now how on Merlin's beard did you manage to get in here?" James asked, only to get swatted on the arm by Peter.

"Girls are complicated, they get scary when they cry and get emotional." Peter explained quietly.

"Girls aren't even that complicated." Aries muttered.

"Girls are very complicated! Lily won't even smile at me when I buy her butterbeers! I mean, that's a gentlemanly thing to do, right?" James asked.

Aries giggled a slight sniff, keeping herself leaned into Remus's chest while Sirius looked in between the two. A small smile making his way onto his face.

Somehow, no matter what the circumstance, Aries and Remus never ceased to look adorable and all coupley. Sirius shook his head at his thoughts, forgetting for a moment that Aries was able to read his mind and not realizing that she, in fact, was.

Aries had a small smile on her face. Happy to just be able to smell Remus's mix of Chocolate and Cinnamon scent. within moments, she had fallen asleep, feeling much better than when she came in.

It took some time for the boys to realize Aries was asleep, only then did they grin at her adorable sleeping figure and somehow get her into Remus's bed, since his was the closest.

Though, Remus was the only one to notice Aries smile widen slightly when her head hit the pillow, and the way she hugged herself with it. He noticed the way her hair spread across his pillows and the way some would land in her face, of course he moved it out of her face, but only because he loved the way she looked so relaxed.

Remus couldn't explain the way he felt about Aries, he couldn't explain the feelings he got whenever he saw her. Or even when he promised himself he wasn't still into Aries, yet go completely blank when he saw her. He didn't know how to process those feelings.

And he was ok with that.

__________

So, I'm not gonna write a chapter Friday because mainly I have a lot going on and am really busy that day. I didn't get too far with editing but I will get to the smut part and remove it for anyone who is uncomfortable by it. Thank you all for 50k!!! I'm so thankful and really surprised all of you are so interested in my book but it makes me super happy! 

Love you all!