Sixty-Seven

Aries had been doing a pretty good job of avoiding Remus for the next month or so, though Remus's birthday was coming up along with the next Quidditch match and dueling club match.

James birthday was getting closer as well that month, and Aries was not interested in becoming friendly with the group anytime soon, even if they had helped her once again with her self-harm problems.

"You have to talk to him eventually, he's your boyfriend." Lily tried as her Alice, Aries, and Marlene walked down to the tree by the Black Lake they always met at.

Honey was already hanging by her legs on a branch while the four walked to her. Ben was leaning against the tree himself, probably to keep Honey company until the others got there.

"I can stay away from him as long as I need to." Aries shrugged, though it had been quite painful to be avoiding him.

Ben gave Honey a sweet upside down kiss once he saw the girls coming down and went to leave, "Sorry girls, as much as I want to be surrounded by females, I have Quidditch practice." Ben announced before making his leave.

"I don't understand why all of the sudden you don't like him." Alice questioned.

Aries sighed, sharing a knowing glance with Marlene, "Of course I like him. It's complicated that's all." She admitted.

"Why does it have to be complicated?" Lily asked as they sat under the tree.

"Because Aries is already arranged for marriage." Honey announced as she flipped down from the tree branch she was on.

"Arranged for marriage?" Alice asked.

"What does that even mean?" Lily asked.

"Basically, Aries gets a guy handed to her and they have to marry once they're both of age. Then they have to go through with their marriage until they have a child to keep their blood line pure and continued. Plus when they get married both families share their money so both families increase in wage." Marlene explained.

"So none of it is for love?" Alice asked

"I'm marrying a man I met once, some don't meet their spouse until wedding day and others have known each other since birth and have already been arranged together. I've been set for an arranged marriage so I can't be with Remus." Aries added.

"Why don't you just date in secret." Lily asked.

"Technically we were. Until I found out that someone snitched to my mother, she warned me with punishments if I didn't get my act together." Aries explained.

Marlene definitely could vouch for that one. Even though she was never with Aries on breaks, she could see the emotional and mental damage that Aries mother had inflicted on her.

It would keep getting more and more obvious that something was going on at home if Aries didn't leave home soon.

"Have you tried running away?" Alice asked, "ow!" The short haired girl frowned when Lily nudged her with her elbow.

"You can't runaway-"

"And why not? There's nothing else I can do." Aries cut off Lily.

"Well, you could wait until you're of age, then you could move out?" Lily tried, "where would you even go?"

"I have it all planned out already, the escape plan and such. My uncle Alfred just passed away recently and since I was in his will, it's said that I gain inheritance. With that money, I can leave 12 Grimmauld Place with a few bags and stay with my cousin Andromeda and her family. Once I find a place of my own, I can move there and finish school at Hogwarts before getting a job." That was the plan, more less. A few more minor details and she knew she'd be alright.