Fifty-Four

The dress was a deep green color, layered green fabric under flowery lace. It was a v-neck spaghetti strap and had a thigh high leg cut so she could walk around, easily showing off her black heels.

Aries was just finishing clipping on her second earring when he mother walked into her bedroom. It caught her off guard as a course of fear ran through her.

She continued putting on her earring for a moment as she watched her mother eye the colors and arrangements of her bedroom.

Aries found a silver, simple necklace that matched her earring and hair clip, locking the back around her neck. "Have the Rosiers arrived?" Aries asked simply as she took her slim handled hair brush and started combing through her dark shiny hair.

"Evan Rosier has arrived with his parents, they're waiting downstairs." Walburga said flatly as her eyes narrowed into slits. "Get up." She commanded.

Aries brushed her strands once last time before doing so, giving her mother a slow spin.

Walburga walked up to her daughter, her lips in a thin line and her expression was worse than angry. Aries had to fight back a whimper when her mother grabbed her wrist terribly hard and yanked her out of the bedroom.

"You're lucky we have guests, or else I would've done much worse than that. Your father will deal with you later if you misbehave." Walburga hissed pointing to her daughter wrist.

Her parents never did anything physically painful towards Aries and Regulus when there were guests. It made Aries want to invite people over all the time, but nobody was that flexible.

Walburga was the first to walk down the stairs, her steps weren't hesitant or angry, they were measured and poised. Her expression no longer holding destruction, but now it had a pretty little smile.

Aries began descending the stairs, her steps just as measured, her back straight, head held high, a gorgeous smile on her face as her hands glided off the hand railing.

Evan and his parents were at the bottom of the stairs, the mothers were smiling at Aries with a grin she knew was forced.

"I'm so glad you could join us tonight." Orion said, his smile was non-existent, ready to practically sell his daughters looks and charms to their son for marriage.

"We appreciate the invitation." Evans father spoke, evidently looking the same way as her own father did.

"What a gorgeous dress, Aries." Evans mother said as she raked over Aries image, then seeming to accept the standards, she nodded along with her statement.

"Thank you Mrs. Rosier, I do believe green is my color." Aries smiled, adding a curt nod in respect.

"To the dining room, Ellie and Kreacher should have the food prepared by now." Orion announced and began leading the adults to the dining room.

"Well, you're quite good at this whole dinner party thing. I'm surprised you lasted this long." Evan smirked as Aries chuckled slightly.

"I've been to too many dinner parties to know how it all goes. Your parents start talking to me about the future, what interests me and such. My parents will start talking to you and your parents about the future. Basically ending with the whole question, if you and I are getting married once we both turn seventeen." Aries shrugged.

"You make it all sound so casual." He joked.

"I've done it all before. One time I made the mistake of telling a joke, which none of them understood except the boy, and I ended up getting punished because we didn't get the arrangement in order." Aries told him making him chuckle.