Eight-Seven

Mindy was off the hook.

She used an unforgivable curse and the Ministry voted. Mindy only needed to complete 1800 hours of community service and was practically grounded for the beginning half of the term

"This is insane, Dumbledore. I don't understand how this is possible. Mindy used an unforgivable curse!" Aries paced in the older man's office.

"As it seems, Miss Farfield used a rather childish tactic, seeing as she persuaded the ministry so easily." Dumbledore furrowed his brows in thought.

Aries stopped her pacing and stared at Dumbledore, "she told them she was attempting to use a spell to create hair growth and it resulted in the use of the unforgivable curse. Mindy is second best in charms! She knows the difference between a charm and a curse by now!" Aries yelled, "something is off with all of this. The ministry isn't this daft, stupid sure, but not this oblivious. Adults using an unforgivable curse don't even get a hearing! They get sent straight to Azkaban!" She ranted.

"Nobody else knew about the accident, Miss Black. The only way you could have any other alibi is if Mr. Lupin testified himself. And from what I recall, he doesn't remember much of anything after he boarded the train to Hogwarts. But even if he could...I don't think it would be worth all the trouble." Dumbledore shook his head.

Aries scoffed, "I can't just let Mindy off the loose, Dumbledore." She shook her head. Though she thought for a moment before looking back to the white haired man.

"I have a hunch over a group of students here. I think they might death eaters or going to become them." Aries started, remembering Mindy was apart of both occurrences she had heard and seen.

"Do you have any names to report?" Dumbledore asked folding his hands together, not bothering to ask of the conciliation. Aries could feel him trying to get into her head, but kept herself stable and locked.

"Yes...and no." Dumbledore raised his brow, "I have a deal I'm willing to make if you are." Aries spoke, a slight snapping tone telling the older man it would be one to think about.

"The names? In return for what Miss Black?" Dumbledore asked.

"I want to be the one to put Mindy Farfield in Azkaban." Aries said simply, "she's the only one I could murder and not have a twinge of regret." Dumbledore knew the look Aries held in her eyes. He knew it well. One holding pain from the past, torture, loss of innocence, regret, heartbreak. But also one of determination, fearlessness, recovery, and strength. Though it reminded him of the boy he met in that children's home all those years ago, he still saw the heart Aries had yet to show the world.

Aries held her hand out, ready for the deal to be sealed. Dumbledore asked only one question, "does this also qualify as your answer to my job request?" The older man saw the flash of hesitation hit Aries eyes before she blinked it away.

"Yes." Aries said simply before the two sealed the deal, a spark erupting from their hands before it exploded into a mini firework.

"Welcome to the Order Of The Phoenix, Aries."

__________

Breakfast had already started by the time Aries made it to the Great Hall. The girl looked over at the Slytherin table seeing Marlene half asleep. Defense Against the Dark Arts study night was absolutely ridiculous. Marlene had the worst end of it seeing as she barely ever did her homework for Professor Hardwin and needed a lot of work in her physical defense.

With all of this, Marlene was having a difficult time trying figure out whether she could block a few spells because she moved her wand the wrong direction or she was saying the words wrong.