Nineteen

"Hurry up, Mindy!" Marlene banged on the bathroom door. Mindy unlocked and opened the door with hair curlers in her hair and a face mask on.

"Just so you know, I have to take another ten minutes just because I had the decency of opening the stupid door." Mindy huffed.

"Take all the time you need, I'm coming in though." Marlene announced as Aries followed suit and walked into the bathroom.

"You know, there's such thing as too many people in the bathroom." Mindy scoffed.

"Then get out." Marlene rolled her eyes but gasped as Aries shoved her shoulder.

"Marlene is just mad that her and Kevin broke up." Aries explained.

"Oh, that Ravenclaw kid?" Mindy asked as she rinsed off the face mask.

"He started talking about love and what would happen after Hogwarts. He asked if I actually loved him?! I mean, I'm surprised I stayed with him that long. One relationship for more than two weeks is a bit much." Marlene said as she did her winged eyeliner.

"Stop being dramatic, Mar. Once the right one comes along, you'll be begging to be in a committed relationship. I had the same conversation with Sirius, believe it or not." Aries admitted.

"From what I've seen, you and Sirius seem to have a lot in common." Mindy spoke as she untangled her hair curlers and watched herself.

"I mean, you both like to move on to a new relationship every couple weeks or sooner." She listed.

"He lives life on the edge, you're a Slytherin. He likes to mess around, you hate to do schoolwork. You ramble on, he's probably a good listener." Mindy said as she finished up.

By the time she looked back at the other two, Marlene was staring intensely at herself in the mirror and Aries had her mouth agape.

"What?" Mindy asked.

"I told you!" Aries practically squealed.

"No!" Marlene protested.

"I want to be your maid of honor!" Aries giggled.

"No!" Marlene shook her hands in her friends face.

"You'll name your first baby after me.." Aries said as Marlene gasped at her and then glared at Mindy.

"Look what you did, you brought miss I'm gonna matchmake my best friend and then ruin her chance at love." Marlene left the bathroom, finished with her makeup while Aries just smirked.

"There, now there's less people in the bathroom, you're welcome." Aries said casually as she began doing her own makeup.

"You mischievous little rascal." Mindy said making Aries giggle.

"Hey I uh don't mean to pry but, James and Lily?" Aries shrugged.

"What about them?"

"Are they a couple?" Mindy asked slyly.

"Guaranteed by next year. There's bets throughout Gryffindor going around." Aries chuckled at the thought of Lily finding out.

"Interesting." Mindy applied a good amount of makeup, finishing with her dark mascara.

"Why do you ask? Having some feelings for a certain Potter boy?" Aries asked raising her brow.

"No, no, it's just that, I thought I saw you two the other day going into a room is all, maybe it was someone else." Mindys tone suggested, though her eyes stayed on Aries through the mirror

Aries only smirked, "I know I'm attractive Farfield but stalking is next level."

Mindy rolled her eyes, "I've been tutoring Potter for Charms class. I've been working with him to get his grade up so he doesn't fail." Aries delicately traced a light amount of red lipstick on her already slightly dark lips.