Thirty-Seven

Remus didn't know what to think as he sat down at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall for lunch. It had been three days since that day with Aries and the full moon was coming up again.

Peter had taken the hit telling Sirius and James that he had lost the map. The two were scowling at Aries from across the table.

Remus ignored his feelings as he pulled a book from his book bag. His thoughts beginning to warp his mind.

On one hand, he hated how stiff he felt, how he couldn't move. He hated how he felt like he had been shrinking under a spell she had put on him.

He hated how just one breath of hers on his skin sent flames through his body. He hated how easily he was seduced by his best friends sister.

On the flip side, he missed the feeling, her scent, he wanted her touch, he craved the sensation that shot through him when she was pressed against him.

He liked the smell of her perfume, getting lost in her cloudy grey eyes. He could've gotten lost in them forever. He glanced up from his book, sneaking a glance towards Aries, though she wasn't looking back at him.

Remus felt slightly relieved that he hadn't been caught but another emotion hid in the back of his mind. Feeling rather empty, seeing as she didn't so much as glance at him. It couldn't possibly be a one sided interest, could it?

"I can't believe she stole the map, I mean. What would she even want with it?" James said exasperatedly.

"It's been three days and we still haven't figured out a way to get it back." Sirius sighed.

Remus ignored his friends annoyance and instead looked back up from his book, which he was hiding behind, glancing once more in Aries direction.

This time he was caught, his brown eyes catching his grey ones. Baffled and rather nervous, he quickly looked down at his book. He could feel his cheeks heating as he continued to stare at a single word, his thoughts going back to her.

"You alright, mate? You're as red as a tomato." Sirius chuckled.

Remus's brows furrowed as a particular thought came into his head. He didn't know exactly how to feel about it but...

"How do you know if a girl likes you?" Remus asked him, James's attention was immediately caught, along with Peters.

Sirius had a smirk drawn on his face, "Is this the same girl that gave you a boner." He mocked.

"I— no— well yes—but that doesn't matter." Remus stammered nervously, his face deepening a crimson.

"He's just confused 'cause Meredith cornered him into a wall and practically had eye sex with him." Peter mumbled through a mouth full of bread.

Sirius went tense in his spot as Remus glared at Peter, who shrunk in his seat slightly.

James was silent for a moment.

Then broke into laughter.

"That's bloody perfect!" The bespectacled boy pondered the crush page that Aries had in her drawing book and immediately smirked, "Be sure I'm the best man at the wedding."

"Prongs I don't even know if she likes me" He scowled, a frown deepening on his face.

"Knowing her, she'd probably tease you a bit, I mean she's a Slytherin so I'd assume use some of those traits in a seductive way. Merlin, I don't know." James had to hold himself back from laughing once again at the circumstance.

"Aries is different." Sirius shook his head. "Bloody hell, Moony, my sister, really?" He asked exasperatedly, looking to Remus.

"I was the victim here, I didn't ask for these feelings." Remus defended.

"Wait, I gave you the map when you walked off with them." James said going into thought, this time he didn't even try to hold back the laugh.

Sirius chuckled, "she's good." He said looking proud as he nodded towards his sister.

Remus rolled his eyes.

"Aries, she can be manipulative, but only cause she's curious and wants something or is mad. I hate to say it, but she was probably only doing it to get the map." Sirius admitted, though seeing Remus's fallen expression he added.

"But, I bet if you flirted back, it could go somewhere." Sirius shrugged.

"Trust me, I don't think it'll go anywhere, plus it's a terrible idea." Remus shook his head.

Peter and James shared a sympathetic glance, Sirius rolled his eyes. "She won't care, Moony."

"But I do. We still don't even know who the fox was, or even if I could've hurt him." Remus scoffed.

Sirius's thoughts drifted to his twin, the orange fur that he found in her hair the night of the full moon.

"It could've been a girl." Peter offered, but once again shriveled in his seat when he earned a group glare.

"Not the point." Remus said. "But yeah, girl or guy, it could've been bad." He sighed, putting the book down and running a hand through his hair.

Before the conversation could get any farther, Aries and Marlene had walked over and sat down beside Lily, Alice and Honey. Mindy hadn't showed up to lunch, nor had Regulus.

Remus hadn't looked at her, though he could feel her eyes on him. He didn't dare glance her way.

"She'll think I'm a monster" Remus muttered.

"She will think of you, as we see you. A great friend, and in your circumstance. A great guy." Sirius said. "Why would she think your a monster anyway? You haven't told her anything." He added.

"I think she's a legilimen." He felt Sirius tense beside him. "If she is, she probably already knows." Remus finished.

"If she already knew, Remus, if she thought you were what you keep thinking you are, which you are not, what is keeping her from running away from you every chance she got?" Sirius shook his head.

"My sister, isn't afraid of anything...well almost anything...She is not going to run away because of your furry problem." Sirius said looking Remus dead in the eye.

He released a small chuckle when Sirius referred to his 'furry problem'. "Thanks...snuffles." Remus wiggled his brows as Sirius stuck his tongue out at him.