Sixty-Three

"Im gonna kill him." Remus growled as he started fast walking back down the stairs.

Aries ended up coming clean to him after Remus asked about it, even looked over the markings on her neck.

"Remus, please, he didn't do any damage-"

"Aries your neck is gonna have a bruise from that guy holding you like that! I'd call that damage!" He shouted, turning back to her swiftly once they made it down the now moving flight of stairs.

She barely flinched, but it was enough for him to notice, "you didn't let me finish. He didn't do any damage worth a fight." She countered.

"You are worth fighting for, Aries." Remus said, keeping his voice calmer, though he was obviously raging on the inside. "And I'm gonna show that git what happens when he decides to touch my girl." He spat before walking faster towards the Ravenclaw tower.

______________

When Breakfast came around the corner the next day, Aries had decided not to show and stay in bed for the day. She knew McGonagall would approve after finding her in that position with the Ravenclaws.

And maybe that was for the best by the way the students were spreading rumors already.

"What happened to that Ravenclaw over there? His black eye is darker than the night." Mindy spoke.

"Dunno, Aries wouldn't leave bed this morning, wouldn't lift the covers past her chin. I'm worried." Marlene whispered, her twenty-four hour flu had finally finished.

"Should I be doing something about this?" Regulus asked quietly, he had a frown on his face, "I'm her brother, shouldn't I be beating up the kid?"

Marlene shook her head, "moral support, maybe go check on her." The boy nodded and left swiftly.

At the Gryffindor table Sirius was having a fit with James.

"I can't believe you beat up that kid, Moony." Sirius shook his head with a grin while Peter was looking over Remus's bruised knuckles with Lily.

"I can't either, it's so unlike you, mate." James said proudly but still in disbelief.

"So why'd you do it?" Honey asked as Ben sat down beside her and kissed the top of her curly blonde haired head sweetly.

"Ow." Remus winced when Lily ran the palm of her thumb over his middle knuckle.

"Sorry, just don't use your hand for a while, the less you do, the less painful it'll be." She diagnosed.

"She's mad at me." Remus admitted with a sigh as he ran his good hand through his hair. "She's not even here to tell me off because she's too mad at me."

"Who? Aries?" Peter asked with furrowed brows.

"Why would she be mad at you?" Sirius asked.

"The Ravenclaw boy over there, he was messing with Meredith, giving her trouble. When she showed up last night she had a bruise on her neck. She told me not to beat up the kid but I did it anyway." Remus explained.

"What?!" Sirius yelled, "that was him!" He announced to the whole Great Hall, most of the students and professors turning to him from his sudden outburst.

Lily and Honey had taken notice that Marlene and Mindy hadn't even glanced at Sirius's recognition.

"I'm gonna do far worse than just a black eye and a nose bleed." He growled starting to stand up, but before he got the chance to murder the Ravenclaw, Honey had taken one of his sleeves and brought him back down to the bench.