The Shy Giant

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY VISUALS!!

____________________________________________________________

Godt's POV
I shouldn't have told him that. Now he's gonna think I'm girly for liking plushies.

I quicken my steps and turn a corner towards the gaming section on the fifth floor (just a random number). My mood immediately brightens when I see multiple crane machines lined up, waiting for me to play with them.

I rush to the counter and exchange a minimum amount of 100 tokens. I hand the cashier a ฿1,000 note and skip happily towards my dreamland. I notice Kimmon observing the movement of the crane machines with interest and approach him.

"Ummm... Kimmon, you can go ahead if you want to do shopping or something. I don't want to waste your time... Also, this could take a while."

Kimmon chuckles with twinkling eyes. "Nah... Sing and Krist will be the ones that are gonna take a while. I'm okay to hang out with you. It's fun."

I pause for a second to observe Kimmon's expression. They look truthful. I hope he doesn't take a video and upload it somewhere or something. I didn't want to be too hopeful again.

Kimmon grabs a few coins from my hand and walks towards a machine holding a collection of teddy bears in different light pastel colours. "These are cute. Shall we get one?"

I bite my lip, wanting to blurt out that I have two bears in my collection. Nevertheless, the excited expression on Kimmon's face convinced me otherwise. I nod slowly and watch him slip a coin into the machine.

"Ohhh!!! It's moving!! The craw is moving!!" Kimmon shouts like a child, watching the crane lower down to the teddy bears. He glances into the transparent box before selecting a goal. Pressing the right button, I watch the crane heading towards a teddy bear dipped in pale yellow.

My nose twitches upwards in dislike. I don't like yellow. I wonder why he aimed for that teddy bear. I watch Kimmon bend down to open the cover to retrieve the bear he got. He turns to me with a big smile and walks over.

I felt a weird sensation.

"Here you go! This teddy bear is cute!" Kimmon pushes the bear onto my chest, wanting me to hold onto it. I manage a thin smile and touch the bear. I glance down at the yellow bear, an image of Kimmon pops inside my mind and I gulp.

Oh boy.

"Let's get another one!" Kimmon hollers loudly, pulling me along. I shrug casually and follow him towards another crane machine. He picks up the crane again and selects a plushy. He's pretty good at grabbing these.

"Got another one!" Kimmon smiles, pushing a plushie towards me. I look down and frown, his likes are very weird.

"Is this sushi?"

"It's tamagoyaki... How do you not know your sushi? Ohh... I forgot you're not exactly Asian..."