The Truth Revealed

"Well, now that lunch has been ordered, I will give everyone some privacy," Arm smiles politely. "Call me if you need me, I'll just be outside the door." He closes the latch and stands solemnly, making small smile gestures to the people rushing by.

Back in the private area, Krist clears his throat to relieve the tense atmosphere. "So, how long has it been since you both last saw each other?"

"Uh... Three years?" Godt wonders, counting off the time when they graduated from university. Even so, they did meet up from time to time months after that until Perth moved to another city. He continued to meet Krist during their off days before Krist returned to Thailand for his marriage.

"Mmm... It's three years five months and twenty-one days since our graduation, three years two months and five days since I left for Queensland for my research study; and ten months since Krist left for Thailand," Perth ticks off perfectly to the day of their hangouts. "Godt changed his number a year ago so I couldn't contact him in Australia until I met Krist here."

"Woah... That's so informative," Krist blinks in shock. An uncomfortable silence awkwardly creeps into the room. Godt glances at Perth and decides to be the middle person.

"Erm... So, are you planning to stay here, Perth?" He drops a bomb, waiting for Perth's response. Krist blinks and turns to Perth.

"Umm... Yeah... I plan to, but I haven't found any work or a place yet," Perth elaborates. "I was staying at a hostel for the past two weeks. Tomorrow is my last day so I've been visiting places to rent before my lease is up."

Godt feels happy knowing Perth is in the same boat. He also has been visiting places nearby Krist to rent but has not found a specific job he likes or would want to try out. His initial plan of asking Perth to share a place sounds ideal at this moment.

"Perth, how about sharing a place with me?" Godt offers. "I'm also finding a place to rent. With both of us, I'm sure we can find a better place. I'm also finding a job here so maybe we can find one together."

Perth freezes mid-way, holding his straw in his fingers while his glass of coke drops onto the table with a loud clatter. Krist stands up worriedly and passes a pack of tissues that was sitting in a corner on a table arrangement. Godt takes out a couple of tissues and wipes the table that is now drenched while pressing the button for a waiter to arrive.

"Excuse me, is there any assistance you need?" A waiter knocks on their sliding latch and slides it open.

"Can we get another coke? And please bring us wet tissues to wipe the mess. Thank you," Krist greets him politely.

"Certainly, I'll be right back," The waiter dashes away while Arm peeks inside in confusion.

"What happened?" Arm asks, passing a handkerchief to Krist. He sees the empty glass sitting on the table with droplets of coke surrounding the exterior, guessing the possible situation. Just then, the waiter returns with wet tissues and a cloth to wipe the table. He replaces the wet tableware with new ones before allowing their food to be served.

"Khàawp khun krap (Thank you very much)," Krist smiles politely at him before he leaves them for their meal. "Shall we start lunch?"

"Sorry... I didn't mean to be so clumsy..." Perth mumbles. Godt places a piece of basil chicken onto his plate. "I was just shocked at the offer."

"You're always clumsy," Godt teases. "Actually, both you and Krist are clumsy. In different ways."

Krist rolls his eyes and helps himself to a delicious plate of Yam Nua (Beef salad). He carefully picks out the chillies and puts them on the side. Following Godt, he offers a helping of salad on Perth's plate.