A New Addition

"Congratulations, you are hired," Tee informs formally in a room full of potential people. "To the rest, thank you for submitting and attending this session." A series of voices fill the room and one by one, they leave.

"Khàawp khun krap (Thank you). May I know if I'm starting the job right now?" The hired bodyguard wais politely, waiting for instructions.

"Yes, I'll introduce you to Khun Krist in an hour," Tee smiles swiftly. "Before that, I'll take you around the palace so you'll be familiar with the place."

"Krap phi!"

.

.

.

.

"Krist?" Singto pops into the closet they shared together. He sees Krist folding his arms, deep in thought, staring at several hanged shirts of vibrant colours. He walks over and hugs Krist from behind, catching a surprised yelp from his love.

"P'Sing? You scared me," Krist turns back to meet Singto for a brief kiss. Singto smiles and nuzzles his neck, hugging his waist tightly.

"Are you worried about today?" Singto casually comments as they both observe the options of the shirts hanging in front of them. Krist shrugs and nods a little. Singto hugs tighter.

"Just a little... It's the first time a statement is made about me," Krist shares honestly. "Should I just stay home today? I'm supposed to meet Godt and Perth for a catch-up."

"Mai bpen rai (Don't worry), just go with them. You're not meeting at a public place anyways," Singto smiles. He has gradually lowered his possessiveness and jealousy over both of them. Although he still has doubts about Perth, he trusts Godt will take the middle stance.

Krist smiles happily at Singto and pecks his cheek. Today is also the day he gets assigned to his bodyguard. He wonders if they will get along like P'Sing and P'Suthapong. He hopes they will.

"Come on now, we need to get ready before our day starts," Singto nudges Krist. They both have a long day ahead, starting with a morning duty with the King. Singto kisses Krist one last time before heading to the bathroom for his morning shower. Krist smiles and turns back to his outfit of the day.

*****

Krist's POV
Within an hour, I see Singto dressed in his royal outfit, combing his hair back. He looks so handsome! I bite my lip and continue to stare at his focused expression in the mirror as he makes his hair perfect.

I feel a flush in my cheeks and look away. This is not a good time to drool over my husband. Luckily, a message alert distracts me back to reality. It is a message from Godt.

"Perth is meeting us at the place so it's just me you need to pick up. He's got a ride from some bodyguard friends he met through you 😏"

I chuckle lightly, remembering the dinner we had with P'San. I need to make him spill the beans on what happened that night. I have a feeling something did happen.

"Got it! I'll reach your place by 1145. By the way, any changes?" I hit send, signing with worry. There is still no update from P'Kimmon and it seems like he has not been back at his apartment. I wonder if he is with P'San.

"Nothing. I'm thinking of moving out." Godt's response is calm but I know he is not. Just as I am about to send a response, P'Sing taps my shoulder and flashes me his dazzling smile. I hastily send a text and leave the room.

Since we had breakfast in bed, we go straight to the King's study room. Tee is waiting for us as he holds the door open for us. I give him a polite smile and enter the room. No sign of P'Kimmon.