Meeting The Ex

"Breath in. Breath out. It's going to be okay," Godt repeats, standing in front of the mirror. It is one hour before the biggest party of his life. He is not sure if he is ready for it. 

Krist is hardly around, focusing on his involvement with the orphanage has him away from the palace most days throughout the week. Kimmon and Singto are no better as their days are filled with meetings to make the event a success. 

Godt has spent time with the Queen, having meals and tea breaks together. Her motherly influence throws Godt into many emotional situations when he wishes for a mother figure. He is glad he has that now. 

"Godt? Is everything alright?" The Queen walks in with a glittering silver evening gown. Her radiant smile sparkles in the room. 

"Krap khun mae (Yes mother)," Godt answers warmly. "I'm just nervous. I haven't attended this kind of event for a while." He tugs on his bowtie whilst swallowing a nervous gulp. Staring at his own reflection in the mirror, Godt tries smiling calmly. 

"Everything will be fine," The Queen smiles encouragingly. "Kimmon will be here soon. You have done everything perfectly. There's no need to worry. I'll leave first to check on the guests. See you in a bit." 

Godt nods and smiles, seeing her leave. He walks over to his desk and puts on the finishing touches, grabbing his phone and slipping it into his pocket. He turns to leave and catches an incoming figure. 

"Hello, Godt. We finally meet," Sandee smiles. She enters the room with a playful skip, twirling her baby-pink cocktail dress. Her off-white ankle strap heels make subtle clicks as she walks towards Godt. "We should have met sooner but we had our hands full for tonight's event. I want to introduce myself formally, I'm Sandee Sureeyares, formerly P'Kim's fiancee." 

Godt blinks, taking in Sandee's mischievous smile and her raised eyebrows. He reluctantly exchanges a handshake and gives her a nod. He is not good with women, more so an ex-fiancee of his current boyfriend. 

"... me? Godt, can you hear me?" Sandee's unladylike tone floats into his ears. They make eye contact and Sandee breaks into a soft smile. "Relax, I just thought it would be best for us to meet before the limelight shines on us. You know those bloodsucking reporters will catch any uncomfortable gestures like vultures."

Godt blinks again. "Ohh... Yeah... Umm, nice to meet you." 

Sandee bursts out laughing. "You're a tense one, aren't you? I'm going to get P'Kim to relax you, both mind and body." 

Godt widens his eyes and blushes at the bold statement. Kimmon has not initiated anything, yet. And he is not experienced in that department, yet. So, he has yet to know what to expect. Well, except for those erotica books and porn about gay sex. 

"Ohh,  I can see why P'Kim fell for you," Sandee smirks teasingly. "Don't worry. I'm more than happy P'Kim found you than me marrying him. This means my freedom." 

Godt snaps his gaze to Sandee and observes her smile. She is happy. And relaxed. Almost as if a burden is lifted. She returns from her daydream and nods happily at Godt. All is well. 

Godt's shoulders relax just as The Queen enters the room. "Oh dear, Sandee. You should be welcoming the guests with Kimmon. He's searching for you. Godt, I just found my family heirloom. Once you wear this, it will be as clear as a blue sky." 

She gently touches Godt's arm and glides a stunning vintage jade ring with a gold frame onto his forefinger. She laces her fingers over Godt's, stretching them apart to view the stunning jewellery piece in contrast with Godt's pale finger. 

"It fits perfectly," She smiles at Godt

"It fits perfectly," She smiles at Godt. "This ring was my mother's. It was passed down for generations on my mother's side. Now, it belongs to you. Wear it with pride and pass it on."

Godt sniffles and holds back a sob, unable to mutter a word of thanks. He flings onto the Queen, giving her a hug in return. She chuckles and pats his back, receiving his thanks. "Come on now, the party is starting soon. Don't make our guests wait." 

"Krap," Godt nods politely, following the Queen out of the room. He calms his breathing to prepare himself to meet everyone. He just hopes they would like him. He hopes... 

They both stand before a double door, the Queen gently knocks on it twice. Almost immediately, the chatters and glasses clinking die down and the room goes silent. 

"Ahem! Presenting her Majesty: Khun Jinatcha Ruangroj and her esteemed guest: Khun Godt Itthipat Thanit!" 

The doors open. Godt swallows another nervous gulp and steps into the limelight, foreshadowing the Queen just a step behind. His entrance arises murmurs and loud whispers from many pretentious snobs. He gives everyone a brief glance and gets drawn to a pair of dark orbs whirling with excitement and amusement. 

Kimmon. 

Godt inhales a sharp breath, taking in the confidence and authority Kimmon was emitting. Women flock around him like a god, flipping their shiny long hair and fluttering their lash extensions. 

Too bad, he's mine. Godt swells with pride. All mine. 

"Stop ogling him and go!" Sandee hisses nearby. Godt knows the Queen heard what she said and blushed. He was caught staring. The Queen lets out a soft chuckle and nudges him. "Go to him." 

Godt bites his lip and nods, making his way to Kimmon. His tall ravishing appearance only attracts more attention. As everyone turns their gaze to his beckoning, Kimmon's eyes light up and show a smile not many have seen.

Godt meets Kimmon's smile with his own and their couple is lost in their world. Singto and Krist watch from the side, exchanging secret smiles and gestures. The world's greatest brother and senior has found his love. And the world's greatest best friend has found where he belongs. 

Sandee stands beside the Queen with a sparkle of happiness. She is happy to see her best friend finding the love of his life. That gaze says everything. The gaze that says "I hold the world". 

Although the party is meant to be private, it does not stop the media and papers from capturing the gossip from social media and postings of those rich classy influencers. Within an hour, the news of Kimmon and Godt has escalated to the number one trend on Twitter. 

In the midst of the confusion between them, the King decides to announce the annulment of Kimmon and Sandee's relationship by mentioning the agreement of their marriage terms. Without giving everyone a minute to digest the information, the Queen continues the announcement by introducing Godt as Kimmon's potential partner in marriage and a relationship that has been accepted by the royal family. 

Kimmon holds on to Godt's hand tightly, further indicating their relationship while maintaining his piercing eyes with everyone he makes eye contact with. The seriousness of his expression only confirms everyone's questions and suspicions. 

The first prince is betrothed. Officially. 

"We will not answer any questions about this matter. An official statement will be released first thing tomorrow morning about Godt's identity. Now, we will excuse our presence for the night. Thank you to all who came and have an enjoyable night. Thank you." 

The King wais farewell and exits the room with the Queen at his side. Not long after that Kimmon and Godt, Singto and Krist leave with Sandee; not wanting to be bombarded with people and questions. 

The partying room falls to silence as every guest takes their leave shortly, seeing no return from the royal family. The party dims, leaving the palace maids to clean the refreshments and decorations. 

_____________________

07-03-2023

I hear and see your comments to update. I have been occupied with events that lasted for two weeks that just ended yesterday. Finally managed to finish this chapter and publish it.