Broken Together

A Recap From The Last Chapter...

After a few beers, Perth excuses himself for a toilet break. Walking back to the table, he bumps into a broad chest and stumbles back drunkenly. He meets a pair of teasing eyes, reminding him of Suthapong.

"Hello, pretty boy," He drawls sexily.

Perth gulps and pictures Suthapong again.

"Single? Free?"

Perth blinks and nods. Slowly.

NOW...

"So... what do you say we go somewhere private? Just the two of us?"

Perth bites his lip and swallows hard when he sees the man leaning closer to his personal space. A flashback emerges in his mind before he is yanked apart by a pair of strong arms.

"Keep your hands off him!"

Dew snarls as his gentle eyes turn dark and threatening. The unknown man flinches and takes a step back before apologizing, leaving the dangerous situation.

"Why did you tempt him? He was drunk and so are you!" Dew frowns at Perth. Perth shrugs, knowing he does reckless things when he drinks alcohol. Dew sighs and gets him to leave. "I'll drop you home. Lee and Fluke already left."

Dew straps Perth to his passenger seat. He gets in the driver's seat and turns to Perth. "Where do you leave?"

Perth blinks. He only remembers one address. His old place. He has not remember the full details of his new apartment, only the route from the train station. He frowns and takes out his phone, scrolling through his messages until he reaches a text with an address.

"This one?" Perth blinks again.

Dew sighs and keys in the address on his phone map. "This better be the correct address. Have a nap. I'll wake you when we arrive." He knows Perth is on the verge of passing out.

"Mmm... 'kay..." Perth mumbles before closing his eyes. Dew lifts the edges of his lips for a moment, keeping his eyes on the road. Nothing but silence in the car. Dew drives steadily, following the directions on his phone until he arrives at an apartment block.

He double-checks the address to confirm their destination. Gently, he wakes Perth from his slumber. "Hey, we're here. Time to wake up."

Perth stirs and goes still before Dew shakes him again, this time more vigorously. Perth lifts his fingers to rub his eyes before meeting Dew's eyes. "We here?" Dew nods and gets out of the car to help Perth. Perth leans on Dew's shoulder before they walk slowly to the apartment.

"Do you remember which floor?"

Perth looks around groggily and mildly remembers being here. He subconsciously walks to the lift and presses a number. Dew supports his staggered body until the lift opens to a row of doors. Perth walks unsteadily pass the doors until he stops at a door identical to the rest.

Just as he was about to reach the doorknob, Perth remembers his key. He turns to Dew who has his backpack, unzipping the largest compartment to rummage through his things. He finds his key and turns back to the door. But a sound stops his movement.

A soft moan.

Followed by a deep grunt.

Perth blinks. He knows those voices. The very voices that penetrate his inner thoughts every single night in his dreams. The same voices that appear in his mind when his body scumbs to the lustful desire of mankind.

But he failed.

And now, he is standing on the other side hearing those voices in real life. It breaks his heart. He knows their history. He should not be affected by this. But he is. He should not have the right to be upset or mad as he has not chosen between them. But he does.