Perfect Husband

"Hello, husband. Do you prefer the nickname husband, P'Sing, or just Singto?"

Krist grins mischievously at Singto, licking his lips. His hand slowly moves towards Singto, intertwining their fingers as the crowd continues to cry wildly. 

Singto readjusts himself and leads Krist towards the door hand-in-hand, ending the wedding ceremony. The moment they separate into their rooms, Krist slides down behind the door and breathes rapidly. He dials a number while calming himself. 

"Krist? Is the ceremony over? Are you okay?"

"G-godt, I-I c-can't... L-let m-m-me..." Krist breathes out hurriedly, his words tangled. 

"Hey hey hey... slowly... deep breaths. Remember the counting? 1... 2... 3... That's it" 

Krist slows down his breathing by listening to Godt's gentle voice. He knew this would happen during the wedding. He tried his best to appear normal and happy so Singto will not worry. 

"I-I'm better now... The wedding just ended... There is a dinner reception tonight... Umm... C-can I call you again? Just in case.. shit happens." 

"Of course! Just be yourself, Krist. I'll be there soon." Godt comforts softly. 

"Thanks." Krist has to depart for dinner tonight so he ends the call and prepares for the media attention. 

*****

In another car (or limousine in this case), Singto stares in a daze outside the window, remembering Krist's gestures and words during the wedding. 

He is still confused. And unsure. 

He is thankful his family is busy with the wedding so no one accompanies him. He needs his alone time with his thoughts. 

Singto finally decides to put his mind to rest for the day and focus on his wedding dinner. He arrives back at the palace and walks to his room to change his attire. He is glad for the hundredth time he is allowed a black tuxedo for the night. 

He suits up after a short shower and switches up his accessories for a casual Wellington and his favourite earring black studs. As soon as he takes his jacket, an attendant knocks and signs for him to be on standby with Krist for the grand entrance. 

Singto meets Krist again at the waiting hall with loud chuckles as it was the simplest attire they had seen on each other. 

"Let's just hope we'll see more of us wearing casual outfits." Singto smiles widely. 

"S-sure." Krist lowers his head and his ears turn red but Singto does not notice. 

"Presenting His Royal Highness, Prince Singto Prachaya Ruangroj; and His Royal Bride, Krist Perawat Ruangroj!!"

(A/N: I had Krist take the surname of Singto since he's "supposed" to be the bride.) 

Krist slides his wrist across Singto's arm as they step forward into the grand ballroom. Thousands of royal guests and relatives are present to witness the new addition to the royal family. 

The entire dinner consists of formal conversations exchanged between strict and stiff members at the table. Different guests were seated according to their relations and status. As usual, Singto and Krist are seated with the royal family - which is not any different than their previous dinner session. 

Both Singto and Krist are silent during the dinner. The real deal starts during the mingling session with the esteemed guests. Krist leads Singto perfectly as he has remembered every single guest present during the dinner. 

Every guest was once again mesmerized by Krist's politeness and gentle smile as he interacted with everyone. He gestures to Singto if he notices anything and whispers to his husband if he needs information. 

Krist never leaves Singto's side and continues to assist Singto as he promised to. Only when the King asks for his son's presence, which made them separated for a while. Even so, Krist constantly seeks Singto's whereabouts and focuses on his gestures and body language. 

"P'Sing!" 

A soft cry fills the air as every pair of eyes lock on the royal bride running to his husband with a glass of water. 

"P'Sing, your throat is itchy. Here, have some saltwater. Don't speak too much and too fast." Krist whispers --- but it was loud enough for people nearby to eavesdrop. 

Those people include the Queen and Khun Ying as they sign "thumbs up" toward each other across the room full of people. 

Singto nods meekly and takes hold of his hand. "Stay at my side?" He whispers back. 

Krist nods back while covering up a smile. 

Every small gesture was captured by everyone as they all witnessed the quiet prince be captivated by this charming bride. 

The night ended with happiness. 

*****

Krist's POV
I make my way to Singto's room after the night ended. Both P'Kimmon and P'Sing have a "report duty" with the King before returning to their rooms so Krist has his time alone. 

I shake off my clothes and stand in the shower, letting droplets of water hit my aching body. After a long shower, I wore a simple white t-shirt and boxer shorts whilst observing my husband's room for the first time. 

He is a tidy person, a simple person. Most of his belongings are neutral and simple. Just like him. 

As the clock struck one in the morning, I collapsed onto the bed and smiled. The wedding is over. 

I am married. 

I am a bride. A royal bride. 

I blink at the ceiling, collecting my thoughts. Remembering my promise to my mother, my promise to P'Sing, my promise to myself. 

I will help him. I will make him happy. 

"I will continue to smile and make him happy," I murmur. A tear lingers in my eye before sliding down my cheek. 

Because I love him. 

*********************************

13-11-2020

To Be Continued