Perth's Confusing Day

Perth's POV
I was hoping to have a good day. It is the day I get to meet Krist and Godt again. The old days of university flash through my mind as I get ready for the day. I look around my room, things are filling up. My two weeks of stay are ending soon.

"I should find a new place to move into," I state out loud, despite no one listening. I wonder if Godt is finding a new place too. We could move in together and meet Krist more often. Unknowingly, I feel myself blushing and sighing.

"It's been years. I need to stop this silly crush," My habit of talking in my room continues. Regardless, he was the only one I fell for all this time.

Ding!

I slide into the group chat for a message from Krist or Godt. Not them. I slide down my notifications and see a text from Thanawat. I blink in confusion. We have not spoken to each other since that day when my tongue caught fire from a simple salad.

"Mornin'. What are you doing today?"

Straight to the point as ever. Something I am not good at. Being straight or upfront. Get that irony? Thanawat is someone I have never encountered before. Sometimes, I do not know how to react to his actions or messages. I type a reply.

"Good morning. I'm meeting Krist and Godt for lunch. Whats'up?"

I hit send and go back to my messy room, trying to tidy up before heading out the door. Most of the mess was done by my clothes, I have not brought out things I do not need on a daily basis. They are all hidden away in my smaller suitcase. Including memories of Australia.

Ding!

"Okay. I'll pick you up at 1130. Be ready."

I stare at the message and blink. Does he think he is my driver? He hardly talks about himself. Just giving orders about sending me and asking about the location. Don't even remind me about that day when we went to the cafe. It was a disaster.

FLASHBACK

Upon entering the cafe, we gained loud whispers from several tables. I immediately had a hunch that I made the wrong decision to come with two guys that could be fashion models. I nervously walked to the cashier, making eye contact with an ogling female in a tight blouse that showed off her cleavage. I rolled my eyes. Women.

"Excuse me?" I asked politely in English, not wanting to sound rude to someone I have just met. Suthapong came to stand beside me and glanced at the menu. He touched my arm and pointed at a selection of instagrammable coffee.

"Are you getting these types?" He questioned, ignoring the signs from the female cashier. I tried not to show a smug smile. Winning was usually not my forte, but I won this time.

"No, I just want an iced coffee," I pointed to another selection with simpler kinds of coffee. Just then, Thanawat came up and stood on the other side. He saw my finger placement and tapped my shoulder.

"I'll have what you have. I'll get us a table," He stated flatly, walking off to sit at a table away from the prying groups of girls. I signed and turned back to the annoying cashier to order two coffees.

"I'll have an iced caramel macchiato," Suthapong chose from the menu. He gave a smile to the cashier and paid for our drinks. Receiving the receipt, we headed to the table where Thanawat is seated.

Suthapong took out his phone and started tapping away. Thanawat just simply stared at me. Nothing in his expression gave away his thoughts. It was simply a blank stare of observation. Which made me very uncomfortable.

I looked away and focused on the busy road outside the cafe. As my mind wandered, I tried hard not to let any memories surface. A cold sensation on my finger made me jump to my feet before I realised it was our coffee. Feeling embarrassed, I sat down.