Let's Talk!

Kimmon slowly makes his way to his car. He has spent his day off mindlessly walking around places, deep in thought. 

He is willing to talk... 

He remembers the text from Krist last night, pushing him to face Godt for their talk. He does not know what he should expect from it. Nor does he know how to approach Godt or even start the conversation. 

He sighs again, turning a corner to his car. Zoning out in his driver's seat, Kimmon turns to the passenger seat. He remembers the first time Godt sat in his car... When he first realised his identity... When he first laughed after the phone call with Krist... 

After Godt, no one else has ridden in his car. Not even Sandee who prefers her driver. Kimmon wants to keep it that way. He slowly starts his engine and plans his way home. 

Ding! 

"Phi... Su su na... Be yourself. The phi I remember is straightforward and confident. The person Godt remembers. Don't worry too much." 

His brother's text sends a warm feeling to his heart. He is happy Singto is rooting for him. He remembers Sandee's encouragement last night and his confidence grows. Even just a little. 

He reaches home earlier than expected. He parks his car and makes his way to the home they shared. At the very least, he wants Godt to stay with him. Even as a friend. 

"Welcome back..." 

Godt greets him whilst seated on the couch. An opened magazine lays on his lap while a mug of tea sits on the table with smoke brewing out. Wearing a simple white lounge shirt and shorts, he looks comfortable and relaxed. 

Kimmon takes a deep breath and walks to the couch. He sits beside Godt and fidgets with his phone. The air is silent. No one speaks. Until Godt breaks the silence. 

"Umm... Shall we talk? About everything?" He asks hesitantly. 

Kimmon nods and frowns. He does not know how to start. The kiss? The avoidance? The agreement with Sandee? His feelings? A confession? 

"... I'll be anything you want..." 

Godt blinks, unsure if he has heard it correctly. It is barely a whisper. A shaky whisper. It aches his heart, for some reason. Kimmon has his head down. His shoulders slump. His feet shift in circles. 

He reaches out and lays his hand on Kimmon's shoulder. Giving him a smile, Godt decides to start first and gives his opinion on the matter. 

"Um... I know it's selfish of me to avoid you over a kiss. You are a prince and have a fiancée. I don't plan to get in between your relationship. I like our relationship as before... to be friends and share meals together... But, if you're uncomfortable, I understand..." 

Kimmon feels his heart clench and ache. He wants to explain his relationship with Sandee. He slowly grabs Godt's hand on his shoulder and pulls it towards him. Godt blinks at their intertwined fingers and glances at him. Kimmon sees a hint of shyness. 

"Sandee and I have been betrothed to each other since we were 15. Our parents gave us a condition that we are able to find our own happiness before Sandee turns 25. If we do, the marriage will be annulled. I have already told Sandee about my feelings for you. She is happy for me and wants me to be happy." 

Godt stays silent. 

"I do not know what happened to you in the past, but I want to make my feelings clear. I have strong feelings for you. The moment I understood, I told Sandee and my brother about it. Krist knows too. I will not cheat or treat you as a second option. You will be and only be my first choice."