seventeen

shattered promises
!! tw mentions of eating disorder

jeongin was brought to the hospital when he still would not wake up after long several hours of hyunjin waiting for him.

it scared the older so much he had to call his parents too. and now all three of them watched as the younger lie on the bed, motionless. the only thing comforting them was the steady beeping sound of the monitor.

hyunjin knows that the younger's parents had no idea of jeongin's eating disorder and even though the younger might hate him, they eventually needed to know sooner. just as he was about to speak,  a doctor came inside along with a nurse holding a clipboard.

"mr. and mrs. yang, we have checked jeongin and his results aren't good." as the doctor said this, hyunjin's heart dropped. "are you aware of the boy's eating disorder?" jeongin's parents shook their head no and when the doctor looked at him, he refused to answer. he simply couldn't.

"his anorexia nervosa worsen and severe palpitation contributed to his sickness earlier, thus explains the passing out." the younger's parents were shocked to just know all of this now. lia felt like a terrible mother.

"he is expected to wake up after a few hours, until then we'll check him again." the doctor and the yangs exchanged bows before closing the door behind him.

hyunjin sighed in relief when he found out that innie would be waking up soon, but to found out that his ED had worsen, the older didn't know what to do.

"hyunjin, thank you for calling us right away." the younger's dad said, patting him on the back before going back to comfort his wife who was on the verge of passing out as well.

he wanted to stay and wait for him to wake up, but he knew he needed to set things straight with luna. today had really fucked him up big time.

he needs to talk to her and the child she claims is his. thousand thoughts run through his mind, and he was overwhelmed. he was more shocked when he saw the young girl, akira, who with no doubt looked exactly just like him.

why would she hide her from him for so long. hyunjin could've been there for his own child and he could've witness her growing up.

"mr. and mrs. yang, please give me a call when inni- jeongin woke up. i just received a message from my father and it sounded urgent." he guiltily lied and the two warmly gave him a smile, nodding in response. the blonde was out of the door in no time.

he had to fix all of this mess. for jeongin.

"luna? i've got your address and i'm on my way." he breathed through the phone before ending the call. when akira had touch his arm earlier, he felt a connection.

wether she is his or not, hyunjin know he would still be giving support. after minutes of driving around the streets and getting lost, he finally found the home. he was out of words when he saw the state.

the house was rundown, it looked half decent but barely livable. he looked at the message again to see if he had the correct address, but there were no mistakes.

this is where his daughter lives? he swallowed the lump in his throat and continued on his way. "luna? it's me." he softly knocked on the door so that he wouldn't startle anyone.

"hyunjin?" the woman looked more weak now, her eyes sunken and her face paler than white. she scooted to side letting the blonde enter.

the situation inside is even more worst than what you see outside. it was cluttered, hoarded with different stuff. how are they surviving in here.

"listen to me please." the young woman said with a raspy voice that make him worry. she's looking seriously ill. "i've got not much time left and i've got no one else to look out for akira." her eyes were starting to gloss with tears as she pleaded at him.

hyunjin was swallowed with guilt and he was worrying about her and their child.

"luna what do you mean?" he scooted closer and held her shaking hands. "hyun, i'm sick. i'm very sick and with all of the bills and akira's needs, what i earn from selling food isn't enough. i can't get myself checked because our baby needs it more than i do." she was now crying and the young man was on the verge too.

akira really is his.

"i never wanted to hide her from you.. mother said that i have to or we would be disowned. what other choice do i have hyun, i was just a kid myself how could i raise her by my own?" the boy hugged her, feeling exasperated with himself for not knowing about this sooner. he could've done something and stopped everything from going downhill.

"i know we couldn't go back to what we have before, but please do it for akira. she needs you." she whimpered.

"luna i'm sorry. i'm so fucking sorry." he was crying as he comforted the woman he once loved. "let's get you checked, right now. akira needs you too." hyunjin said and she couldn't be more thankful. but at her state, it looked like they were too late. she was too fragile.

"i'll get her and you get inside the car. i'm driving us to the hospital."