nineteen

a soul gone

eventually it was late at night and jeongin's parents had already left. the younger was laid on top of hyunjin on the bed while akira slept beside them, snoring softly.

"well luna, she said akira was to be kept away from me or her mother would disown them. that's why  i never knew of her until now." jeongin was listening while the older played with his small fingers.

he never really would've minded if hyunjin had a daughter and now he felt slightly bad for accusing him of lying. "i went to visit them earlier innie and she was weak, looking seriously ill. i know i had to bring her in here before it's too late."

"you did the right thing jinnie." the younger said as he place a kiss on his jaw. "lets  just pray that luna would be safe." hyunjin was expecting him to burst out of anger and jealousy, but he was wrong.

he knows jeongin is too kind for his own good. how did i get so lucky with him.

"jinnie.. i think it would be best if you try and find her room now so that we could know if she's fine or not." he suddenly rose from the older's chest, looking very concerned for the girl he never even met but here he is.

hyunjin felt very proud to call this younger boy his. "i'll check on akira don't worry."

"i know you will baby but its not that i'm worried about. what if something happened to you while i'm gone?" he said. "i'd break if i saw you in that state again. i can't leave you innie." his palms were getting clammy as the fear of something happening to the younger again while he's away slowly swallowed him.

jeongin took his hand in his and placed a long kiss on the older's full lips. "i'll be fine. trust me ok?" hyunjin held eye contact for a very long time before nodding and stealing one more kiss from the younger.

"i'll be fast and baby?" he stood up from the bed, careful so that he wouldn't wake up his daughter. before leaving for the door, he looked at jeongin.

"mhm?" the small one replied.

"i love you."

"i-i love you more." the younger was still not used to hearing it from hyunjin thats why every single time it was said to him, he gets all soft and mushy, tearing up like the crybaby he is.

hyunjin ran towards him and swiftly came in for a kiss before going for the door, in hopes to find luna. to find her well and breathing.

when he reached the nurse's desk, he immediately asked for han luna. the young nurse whom he asked gave him a look that says she pity him. "i'm sorry sir but i believe i can't give you ms. han's room number."

hyunjin's sharp intake of breathe was heard by the nurse before continuing. "her body sir. it's already down at the morgue." the nurse bowed showing respect and mumbling a condolence before leaving to check another patient.

he couldn't believe what he just heard and his vision was now just a mess of spinning rooms and muffled voices. "i could've been there for her." he sat down a nearby chair for awhile, shaking with tears stinging his eyes.

even though the older didn't love luna like he did back then, she was still as important. he still cares. now what will he tell his daughter?

he rested there for a few minutes, trying to regain his composure before going back into jeongin's room. he swore to himself that he will take care of luna's funeral. and  most importantly, he swore to protect akira for as long as he lives.

"well did you find her?... .are you ok? you look paler than usual." jeongin slowly rose from the bed so that the child wouldn't be disturbed and walked closer to the older who was trembling violently.

hyunjin collapsed into his arm as soon as he was touched by him, tears uncontrollably streaming down his face.

"she's gone innie."

;