thirty six

chapter thirty six
- concerned

"daddy?"

"hmm?"

"is daddy sick?"

"what do you mean baby?" hyunjin stopped eating for awhile as he turn his attention to akira who was beside him. the child pointed to jeongin who was limping on his way to grab a jug of water and the blonde almost choked with his food as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

"daddy had just finished working out that's why he's having trouble walking." he lied, caressing the cheek of akira who just nodded in response. jeongin walked towards them with his hand in his abdomen, face contorting slightly in pain. "water's here." he set the jug and sat beside hyunjin who was still laughing.

"i hate you." the younger grunted and swatted his hand who was trying to massage his sore thighs.

"my poor baby. you still have later to look forward to though." hyunjin whispered in his ears before finishing his plate of scrambled eggs. jeongin's face fell as realization hit him. how is he gonna get through when he was already in pain and throbbing right now.

the blonde rose from his seat and carried his plate towards the sink even though they were maids waiting to the side. jeongin had scolded him before and said that if it's just a simple thing, hyunjin should do it himself instead of leaving it and saying that it was their job to do so. everyday he is learning and improving from the help of the younger.

jeongin then watched as akira finished her plate as well, following his daddy and placing the dishes on the counter. she was growing up well mannered and that would've never happen without her two dads. hyunjin was the strict one who does all the scolding and disciplining but of course he never goes too far. jeongin on the other hand is soft and caring. often times he was also the one spoiling the child with treats and toys even though hyunjin already said that she's had enough and that he should stop buying her things.

"how was your stay with grandma?"

"we went to the carnival and i got to eat a lot of cotton candies." the child excitingly blurted out. hyunjin gave jeongin a glare, usually meaning to scold her because if he was the one to do so, he might be a bit harsher than anticipated.

"well did you at least drink lots of water?" jeongin asked and the older face palmed. he could never be strict not even for 3 seconds.

"akira what did i tell you about eating sweets. its not good for your health specially your teeth. do you want to have braces like daddy?" jeongin slapped the blonde.

"no." the child giggled. hyunjin carried her as the two teamed up on teasing him.

"oh shush it. at least i had my teeth fixed."

"innie."

"it's never too late to have braces, hyun." he smirked as it was now hyunjin who was getting attacked. the blonde sighed in defeat and let akira jump to jeongin who grunted in pain and struggled a bit when carrying the child.

"you better behave with daddy ok? i'll be right back with your favorite."

the younger had a hair appointment later on this day because of how many times his blue hair had been scolded in business meetings. they said it was too distracting and unprofessional of him and so even though he hated having it re dyed in black, what other choice does he have.

"are you sure you can walk- ow! i was just concerned!"

"why wouldn't i be able to walk?"

"because we- ouch innie that hurts!"

jeongin eyed him very carefully before trudging up the stairs where the two followed him still.

"are you sure you don't really want me to come with you?" this time the blonde was serious.

"babe i'm going to be ok. just stay here with akira."

and so after a long argument and half an hour of trying to convince hyunjin that he would be fine, jeongin finally got to shower in peace. his cuts are now slightly healed and it didn't stung like the way they used to before. but he knew later at night that there will be fresh bruises from hyunjin anyway. he was used to it at this point, and he adored them every time he got the opportunity to see himself after having sex with the older.

he turn the knob off and got out the bathroom, letting the steam enter their bedroom. since it was just a casual day he opted in wearing one of hyunjin's knit sweater that was so big on him and black skinny jeans. he didn't bother putting on makeup because he was going to be late again if he does.

"baby are you done?" hyunjin knocked before opening the door. he smiled immediately when he saw jeongin stealing his clothes once more.

"why does my clothes suit you more?" the older walked to him while he was still stood in front of the mirror, giving him a back hug and peppering his neck with wet kisses.

"ew. i just took a shower stop making me dirty."

"ok well just take a shower again, but this time let me join." hyunjin grabbed his waist and slowly turned him around. he instantly caught jeongin's bottom lip in his teeth before inserting his tongue in the other's mouth.

"mhm i have to go or else i'll be late." jeongin pulled away breathless while he stayed leaned against hyunjin's body.

"let me drive you at least."

"jinnie i'll be fine. i'll text you from time to time. stop worrying about me ok?" jeongin understand his fear ever since he had that bad dream of him getting kidnapped and such, but he needs to be alone from time to time. he felt like he's getting too dependent on hyunjin these past few days and he knows it isn't healthy.

"i'll see you later." with one last kiss, hyunjin watch as he walk out of the door with his heart beating wildly.

as the younger drove past their gate, he started to lower his windows. the weather was perfect with the clear skies and the sun up high. nothing could possibly ruin his day. he speeds past the trees, loving how the wind pass through him. jeongin had a spare of 15 minutes so he decided to make a stop for iced coffee before going to the salon.

he opted to park his car near the cafe and just head straight for his hair appointment. jeongin locked the doors and stepped out of the car, walking slowly towards the cafe as he was updating hyunjin.

"babe i'm on my way to the salon, just stopping by at the cafe for iced americano."

then he pressed send. but just as he was about to walk inside the coffee shop, he heard a familiar voice call out from behind him.

"jeongin?"