Chapter 13

SENZO

We are at the airport waiting for our flight, her head is on my shoulder. She is so clingy, I love it. If only we can get rid of the tears. She cries over everything. Even when Sam hit the breaks hard to avoid bumping into a dog she cried. It's probably all from missing her family. They have settled in Johannesburg and started Phillips Construction that side. Her dad and brothers are hands on, even the gynecologist one is in construction for the time being. Although he is on the sales side he's even landed a few big projects. I guess she was right when she said construction runs in their veins.

We land in South Africa and we arrive at her parent's. It's only her mom and another older lady in the house.
Ma Phil: My son. Thank you for bringing her home. See you on Saturday.
Ma Zik: Good to meet you ndodana.
My wife walks me out and kisses me goodbye, I can see she is barely holding it together.

After resting a day at my house I'm off to Soweto to see my parents. My extendeds are here already, it's only Thursday. But they are all excited.
Me: Ma, you surprise me. I thought you liked Thandi?
Her: But ndodana, she stopped being my favourite when you told me what happened.
Me: Hawu ma, you two planned the Tanzia trip.
Her: Is that what she told you? Elahule(That loose woman) she tricked me. Ayi. I hope this one is level headed. But from the conversations we've had over the phone ndiyamthanda. I miss my grandchild kodwa, you should have brought her with you.
Me: We are only here a few days. Plus I was just not ready for Thandi drama.
.
.
.
My uncles are standing outside her gate. It's been over an hour. I swear Mr Phillips is enjoying being a Zikalala. They should have found these people after my wedding. I'm sitting in the car under a tree waiting for the negotiations to be completed. But I have a feeling this will be a long day. Let me call my babe.

Me: Sthandwa sam
Alana: Morning love
Me: I want to video call you. Are you alone?
Her: Nope
Me: But it's been 2 days my love. 2 days. And my people are still stuck outside the gate. It's been over an hour. What if they don't open for them. What if....
Her: JOSH!!! Okay everyone can you give me a minute, I need to talk to my man.
Them: NOOOOOO!
Then giggles I hear movements, then she hangs up. My phone starts ringing its a video call.

I am met by the most beautiful smile. But my woman is beautiful.

Me: Babe let me see you properly. Awu dudlu ntombazana. Ngadla mina madoda!!! You look perfect ntombi yami. Baby you are blushing. Thank you so much for agreeing to be mine. I love you and I promise to be your safe haven. Your smile keeper. Now stop with those tears Mrs Buthy.

I hang up and close my eyes..

Overflowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें