Chapter 31

JABHILE

I have a few days left in this place. I'm watching madam and her bestie chatting. Probably discussing how to ruin the poor woman's marriage. They've been planning this event the whole week.

Today is Friday, apparently I'm going to enjoy tonight. But it's a surprise. Michael and his antics. The women here are green with envy because there is something delivered to Sweetness daily. He says it's only because I work in hell, he wants to give me something to look forward to till I leave.

Boss: Jabhile
Me: Yes mam
Her: Why are you busy daydreaming instead of working. Come with your kit to my office.
As I pack my things an Uber Eats delivery guy comes in.
Driver: I'm looking for ms Sweetness.
I get closer to him and he gives me a parcel from John Dorys. I smile and sign.
Boss: Hayi I give up.
She walks away evidently angry. Aint nobody got time for that. I just smile.

I walk into the office and find them huddled together.
Boss: Our faces must be spot on. I want 3D evening look.
Friend: And for me add a smokey eye to that look. I'm snagging a business man for myself tonight.
Boss: Well Teefu will be there, so I have to play happy wife.

I give myself a pat on the back because these 2 look ravishing. Now to get home and worry about what's in store for me. To my surprise he is not here to fetch me but a chauffeur is standing next to a black Merc SUV carrying a Sweetness board. This man is relentless. I look behind and find the 2 madams gawking at me. Damnit why did they have to see. I walk into the car and I'm driven to a hotel. I'm ushered to a gorgeous suite. Champagne at the door, Im led to shower, full body massage and a lady walks in.
Lady: I'm here for your hair.
I pick and 18 inch with highlights, she puts it in and styles it to perfection. I like that as a black girl we can have 14 looks in 7 days. This morning was my short natural curls and tonight 18" Malaysian waves.

A 2nd lady walks in and does my face. Natural, classic but radiant.
Me: That brand you are using is fantastic. It feels like I have nothing on. Coodles finding such a great brand that caters for my skin tone.
Her: I'm glad you like it. This whole kit is yours. We'll put the ones you liked in a smaller bag for your handbag. But this whole case is yours.
I'm so shocked I want to cry.
Her: Don't cry. Enjoy

There's a knock on the door and a gentleman comes in pulling a rail of evening dresses.
Him: I'm Mbuso, here to style you for the evening.
Me: I could use your help to pick ladies.
I do a mini fashion show for my glam squad.
I love all the dresses. These people are no help either. They like everything on me. I pick a glittery nude mermaid dress.
Him: My work is done here. I will have the rest of the dresses dropped off at your house.
With that he left. We looked at each other and screamed.
Them: You are so lucky.
Me: Thank you for everything ladies.
They also leave me in the room by myself.
Now what. There's a knock on the door and I go to open. Here he is. My knight.

Michael: My wife
Me: Hi
Him: Damn you're hot.
Me: Thanks to you baby. You don't look too bad yourself.
Him: Let's go beautiful.
We walk to the elevators and head to the lobby. We walk to a private lounge. There's only a single long beautifully decorated table in here. There are about 20 people standing around chatting, waiting to be seated. I recognize dr Andile and Matt, but there are lots of faces in this room who look just like them. Everything stops when we walk in. The only thing I can hear is my heart making huge duff duff sounds. Michael senses my fear and holds my hand tighter.

Mike: Evening family Zikalala. Please meet Sweetness Skosana, my wife.
Man 1: I'm this fool's uncle. Way to introduce a young lady my man. Calling her your wife before we do the necessities though. Ncncnc
Woman 1: Leave the kids Peter. Nice to meet you my dear. You are beautiful.
Me: Thank you ma.
As we are about to sit down, Josh and Alana walk in.
Alana: My skwiza
I heave a sigh of relief. Atleast I know someone here. We hug.
Me: You are in Joburg. Good to see you.
Lady1: You 2 know each other?
Alana: Let's just say my distress brought the love birds together. Thank you Penny.
Penny's face changes
Alana: Yes, I know what happened. You do it again I will forget you married my brother and fuck you up.
She moves closer to her. Josh holds her tight and whispers something in her ear. She smiles.
Alana: I'm starving, what's for dinner.

We settle for dinner. Talk is flowing nicely. I'm introduced to his parents and they are sweet. Everyone here is welcoming. Penny keeps looking at Alana and Josh. I need to find out the juice here. It's really uncomfortable. There's music in the next hall. Black people music. It's interesting.
Andile: How about we ditch the old folks and crash the party next door and go dancing.
Josh: I'm sure my baby is tired we'll cat...
Alana: Just for 5 minutes. I don't think it will hurt.
Matt: Seeing that I'm all by myself, I should call it a night.
Me: There could be pretty ladies.
Matt: Ok I'm in.
Penny is just quiet through this discussuon.
Alana: Can I talk to you in private Penny.
The guys look scared.
Alana: I won't hurt her. Jabhile can be with us.
Michael: Alana that name is not in use anymore. It's Sweetness.
Josh: Are you sure love. I don't want you to stress.
Alana: Yes daddy.
Me: How about we skip the party and you boys can go alone. We will go up to our room.
We leave everyone and go to our room. Everyone else goes their separate ways except for our men and Matt.

We get in and Alana opens the bar fridge and takes out snacks and drinks for us.
Alana: Why are you jealous of me?
Penny: Am not. You think you have everything figured out.
Alana: Did you or did you not call my husband on our special day?
Penny: It's not black and white.
Alana: Did you not try to kiss him.
Her eyes popped open
Alana: Yes, we tell each other everything.
Penny just starts wailing, after she comes down, she gets up and walks to the window.
Me: Hey, don't jump.
Her: I won't. Don't worry.
She turns and smiles at us, she looks so defeated.
Her: I met Senzo during the darkest period of my life. Andile had turned against me, even kicked me out of the house to stay with a girlfriend. Senzo picked me up, made me feel good about myself and gave me great sex.
She smiles
Alana: He is fantastic, insn't he? He once had me flying in the air, in the shower.....
Me: Stop right there. Do you want me to go after him too?
Both: NOOO!
Me: Now Penny please continue.
Penny: Then I found out I was pregnant. Honestly I didn't know who the daddy was.
We both looked at her shocked.
Her: Then it was revealed that Andile was under a spell and when it broke he decided he needed me back. It was too late I was already in love with Senzo. I honestly didn't know what to do. The last time I saw him.
She smiles and looks down.
Alana: Let me guess... you guys had mind blowing sex.
Penny: Yes and then Andile... Andile became the man I fell in love with. He erased all memories I had of Senzo. It was like magic. He was completely blocked out of my head, I married Andile, gave birth and then your lobola negotiations, my hulk walks in.
Alana: Your hulk?
Penny: That's what I called him. I just wanted to ensure it was all over. That's why I called him. I'm sorry I tried to kiss him. I promise it's over.
Alana: I don't trust you as far as I can throw you. Josh makes women go crazy. His crazy ex wife even followed him to Tanzania.
We burst out laughing.
Me: She did what?
Alana: Hey she went as far as conspiring to drug me and get me raped.
Penny: You lie.
Me: That is scary.
Alana: So when I came here and then you happened. I quit. I just got scared. How many others are lurking in the shadows?
Me: It's the great sex. Yall can't get enough.
We burst out laughing.
Me: What's happening with you guys now?
Alana: We are going to Tanzania. We'll be back in the summer. In time for the baby. We got married this morning at the home affairs offices.
Penny: I'm so happy for you. I'm happy he found you. I love you.
Me: Yey!!! Now hug it out.
Alana: Let's fix ourselves up and go to that party.