Chapter 21

MICHAEL

I'm dreading taking the phone back. How will I face her after seeing that hot video. I have watched it over a dozen times. I deleted it off her phone and double locked it on my laptop. It's only for my eyes, hopefully the person she sent it to lost it. I haven't even been able to touch my lady since I laid my eyes on those thighs. Good thing I never made it official with her. We are just hanging for fun. I've kept the phone for a full week, I'm taking it back today.

I get to the stall at 07:00 in the morning and she's not here, that's strange because I've been here a few times watching her from a distance. Let me get some work done, maybe she will be back. We have a gala event this evening, celebrating completion of our first project. We need to commend our staff on a job well done. Also encourage them to continue doing proper work on schedule. Matt will be doing a walk about to get licences to deem the apartments safe for people to move in.

I'm so busy on my tablet, my phone rings. Ach it's the seat warmer. I need to end things with her. This vendor is not even mine yet, but I don't want any girls around me.

Me: Hello
Lerato: Is that how you greet the mother of your kids.
Me: Hmm. How are you?
Lerato: Love, what time must I be ready tonight?
Me: I will pick you up at 18:00, the function starts at 7.
Her: So early, I want to make a grand entrance.
Me: If you are not in my car by 18:05 I'm leaving without you.
I hang up.

I lift my head and I spot my V stumbling on the side of the road. She looks so good in a tight black skirt and white shirt. But why is she walking like that. I jump out of my car and rush to her. The second I touch her waist, she passes out on my chest. I pick her up and rush to my car. She is burning up, and her eyes keep rolling back in her head.

Me: Stay with me please.

The perks of having 2 brothers who are doctors. I sit on the couch next to my bed an watch her sleep. She has been out cold for a week. I know she's supposed to be in a hospital but I don't trust anyone with her. Everyone comes here to check on her. There's also a full-time nurse who administers medication and sponge baths her every morning, which is the only time I leave her room.

She finally opens her big brown eyes and I rush to her.
Me: Finally.
I sms her doctor and he is on his way.
Me: You have been out for 8 days. Your fever finally broke yesterday and you are starting to recover.

JABHILE

8 days means I have less money to pay off the fees. I start crying. Mr not so nice rushes to me and puts me in a vice grip.
Him: Please don't cry sweetheart.
Me: ......
I'm still hung up on the sweetheart, I even forgot I was crying. This guy is strange. Just the other day he was Mr Rude, grabbing my new phone out my boobs.

His phone rings.

Him: Lerato
Her: .....
Him: Look, I already apologised for missing that function. I was busy.
Her: ......
Him: It was a week ago already. Get over it. Look I have to go
Her:.....
Him: Bye Lerato

Yoo moguy ublind man. I try to get up, but I feel like my world is spinning.

Him: Not so fast. Where do you think you're going?
I am struggling to read his face. The statement is mean, but the look is soft.
Me: I need the toilet.
Him: You have a catheter on. So you can relax.
Me: I hate those things, I also need to wash. I smell
Him: No you don't. The doctor will be here in a few minutes. Then you will be free to move about.

The doctor walks in.
Dr: Miss. How are you?
I'm just staring.
Dr: Yes, this fool here is my brother. Don't worry you will get used to us.
The door opens and a 3rd one walks in.
Him: We are scarring her. I'm Matt, his twin.
Dr: And I'm Andile, I just look like them, I didn't share a womb with the idiots.
Michael: And I'm Michael
Matt: So you have a lady in your house for a full week and she doesn't know your name.
Michael: She was sleeping remember.

The doctor asks them to give us space so he and the nurse can check on me. I want the drip and catheter to go but he promises they will be out tomorrow

Dr: Please take it easy. Where did you go on holiday? You almost died. You contracted Malaria.
Me: I haven't left the city in forever.
Him: That's strange
Me: But my neighbour came back from visiting her people in Mozambique a few weeks ago.
Dr: She must have carried an infected mosquito in her luggage.
Me: Doctor can I have a sick note.
Dr: I didn't know street vendors report to anyone.
Me: No I actually work full time. And I sell before I get to work.
I look down.
Dr: 2 jobs. That's impressive.
Me: I'm trying to push myself through college and I need both incomes to cover my living expenses and pay my fees. It doesn't matter this semester though.
Dr: Why?
Me: My exams start in a few weeks and with this time off, I won't have enough money to pay the fees.
Dr: You need more days off. You will only start work next Monday. Oh by the way what is your name?

Before I can answer Michael walks back in the room.
Mike: Not so fast Andile. You are not even supposed to be here. A heart surgeon that does home visits for Malaria.
Dr: So that's the thanks I get slima? You are just lucky I'm on leave and I spent that year with doctors without borders.
He looks back at me
Him: Miss you were about to respond before this fool barged in.
Me: I'm Jabhile Skosana
Dr: Nice to meet you ms Skosana. Let me take my leave. I will be back tonight.
Me: Thank you doctor. I feel so much better. I thought I was dying.
He's about to walk out when he hears Michael say.
Michael: Let me prepare that bath for you.
Him: Not so fast. Not with that drip and catheter. Tomorrow brother.
Michael: And food?
Him: You can bring that soup now. I have to go. Sister see you later. Welcome to the family.

Michael comes back after a few minutes with a steaming bowl of soup.
Him: Open wide.
I don't want to but when it touches my taste buds I close my eyes. It's so good.