Chapter 20

MICHAEL

I arrive home and dump the phone into my laptop and start going through everything. I wonder what that bitch did to my sister. She will pay I swear. There was so much fear and anger in those beautiful light brown eyes.
Me: Waaaaait!!!! Street vendors don't have eyes.
I think I'm going crazy. Speaking to myself now. There's a lot of videos and pictures of before Alana left. I must send them to that idiot Josh. The latest entries. Selfies and nudes. This vendor is freaky. Let me watch this video she made.

Me: Michael you are trying to find your sister. Not perv over a dirty woman that lives in the streets.

But one look won't hurt.

She places the phone against something and walks out the room. Music starts playing and she saunters in to the beat, swaying her tiny hips left to right. She turns around and dips in front of the camera, shaking her ass as she slowly moves up. She turns slowly facing the camera, those eyes looking deep in my soul. She removes her clothes slowly, taunting me. Her delicated hands caressing her naked body. From her boobs all the way to her clit. So hottt. So sensual. She starts rubbing it and licking her fingers.
I snap out of it when she giggles and switches off the camera.

Me: F@&k

I run to the shower as if someone is chasing me. When I'm done I compose myself and prepare to work.
I send Josh all their memories. And send dad his goodbye video. She directed a video to me as well

Alana: My brothers, I know you are looking for me; which is how you found this phone. I'm perfect I promise. I just need some time to myself. Stop looking and take that phone back to the nice lady.
Love you.
PS. Funny when you say it out loud. Hahaha Stop looking I will be back I promise.

JABHILE

I wake up with such a headache, it's 03:00 in the morning. I need to get up. I still owe R2800 school fees to qualify to write my exam. I try getting up. But I can't even see straight.

Sms: Good morning mam, I'm unable to come into work today. I'm not feeling well.
Boss: YOU WAKE ME UP AT 3 IN THE MORNING TO TELL ME RUBBISH. I EXPECT TO SEE YOU FOR THE 07:00 SHIFT OR YOU ARE FIRED.

I set my alarm for 05:30 and try to go back to sleep. I finally sleep, but when the alarm goes off, I feel worse. I get up and get ready slowly. I apply some make up and make my way to the shop.

Manager: Jabhile fix yourself up, you look terrible.
Me: I'm sorry mam.
Her: Pull yourself together and smile with my customers. That face must make people want to buy the make up. Or better yet. Stay at the perfume counter Jabhile.
Me: I will do so mam.

See Stutterfords closed their doors in the country and Mr Teefu bought rights to use the name to sell make up and perfumes. He bought it for his evil wife Nthabiseng to run. Straight to the ground if you ask me. She doesn't know good business. I'm useless to her today. Even if someone wanted to buy something, 1 look at me they are out the door. Stupid bitch.

Her friends come in for their daily visit. I wonder if they ever work.
Friend 1: I need my face done today.
Boss: Come sit here, Thuli will assist you.
Friend 1: I don't want Thuli, I want that charcoal of yours. I saw her beat a face last week. I want that style.
Boss: She's not available.
Friend 1: Hawu choza she's right there. I need to be on fleek tonight. Phela bae has a work thing, I wana show those sluts at that office who is their madam encumbered.
Boss: Look. Let me get her to the doctor lunch time. When she is burck she's all yoz.

It's lunch time and my throat is on fire. I can't swallow. My head is heavy, I can't see straight. I walk to the chemist, I only trust the pharmacist next to my stall, he consults and prescribes without additional doctor charges. The distance from the mall to the stall is not far, but I am feeling it today. I slowly make my way there. I can vividly see the pharmacy door. I'm trying to walk straight, but it feels like I'm staggering. I feel strong arms around waist and I'm whisked in the air. I'm flying and that's the last thing I remember.