Chapter 24

JABHILE

He has me against the wall just staring at me. I get it. He doesn't want to fuck. But I'm so hurt that he just scolded me like I was a 6 year old. I want to retaliate. But I have no words.
Just then we are interrupted by a ringing phone. It's my ringtone but I haven't seen my phone in over 2 weeks. I asked Aunty Ellen to help me call boss earlier in the week.
Me: Where is it?
He opens a drawer next to his bed and gives it to me. How is it even charged.
Me: Hello
Caller: I didn't know who to call.
Me: It's ok sisi, that's why I gave you my number Alana.
Her: I'm so lonely. I miss him so much.
Me: Then come back.
She sobs. I walk out of the idiot's room and enter mine
Me: I'm with Michael, do you want us to come see you.
Her: Which Michael?
Me: Your crazy brother. I was being scolded when you called. Thank you for saving me.
She bursts out laughing.
Her: I would love a visit.
Me: Let me give him the phone so you guys can make arrangements. See you. Stay strong ok.
Her: Thank you sister in law. What do you call that in Zulu?
Me: Skwiza
Her: Ok bye skwiza.
I walk back to Mike's room and hand him my phone.
Me: For you.
And I walk back to my room. I hadn't even noticed the hospital bed has been replaced. I remove all my clothes and get under the covers.

MICHAEL

Me: Hello
Voice: Brother.
She starts sobbing
Me: Alana what's wrong?
Alana: It's hard. It's so hard.
Me: I'm sorry baby sis.
Alana: I spoke to your girlfriend about a possible visit. Can you 2 come see me tomorrow?
Me: Done
Alana: I'm at no 6 7de Laan Summerstrand. Port Elizabeth.
My doorbell rings.
Me: Someone's at the door. We'll see you tomorrow.
.
.

Me: Dude what are you doing here? Come in.
He walks in.
Me: I didn't think you could get any bigger!! Are you trying to be Mr Universe?
Senzo: Hello to you too Michael.
Me: Don't you have your own house? It's after midnight. And what about my dad's company? Who is looking after it if you are here?
Senzo: I need my wife.
He sits on the couch with his head burried in his hands.
Him: I miss her so much. I can't function without her. Help me please. I'm losing my mind Michael.

My sweetness chooses to walk in at that moment. She kneels in front of him and gives him a hug.
Jabhile: We are going to see her tomorrow. You are coming with us.

He looks up. And I think I saw tears. If this was last month I would have laughed in his face. The power these girls have over us is all consuming!!!!

Me: Let me get us flight tickets.
I get my laptop and book us seats on the first flight out.

SENZO

After some convincing I leave that fool's house and head to mine. I could have gone to Matt's house, but my heart kept saying Michael. Michael. It's a good thing I listened because tomorrow, not tomorrow but in a few hours we are going to her. I try fall asleep, but the thought of the possibility of seeing my life again is fighting me. What if she refuses to see me? What if she still hates me. I finally fall asleep and literally 5 minutes later my alarm goes off. I get out of bed and am at Michael's house so quickly, I think my shower was 2 minutes. They are ready, an uber takes us to the airport. 2.5 hours later, I swear it feels like a decade, we park in front of this beautiful cute house. Cute like my lady. They decide to leave me in the car and walk in.