Phantom Thief AU

Idk anything about it so please bare with me on this-

Requested by monaShinguji

Miu's POV.

I slammed my hands onto my desk "Dammit!" I shouted making my partner, Angie, look at me, "What ever is the matter?" she asked, "I can't catch the phantom thief. " I replied with a sigh. I rubbed the bridge of my nose. Angie huffed and pat my head.

" I'm sure you'll find him soon, Atua thinks so as well! " She exclaimed, " Thanks". I looked at the small note I had, "Save me" it said.

I walked out of the building and down the sidewalk when I noticed a white cape and hat. I made my way over to them and saw non other then who I was looking for.

"Hey!" I called out.

That's how I got to where I am now. I chased the thief for as long as I could.

"Hey, stop!" I shouted, he didn't stop, of course. I turned on my ear piece, "I've got him" I said, "_________ road, I know where he's going"

Eventually I pinned him against a wall making his eyes widen.

"I'll save you" I whispered. He looked at me shocked and tears started coming out of his eyes.

" Hey, what's wrong? " I asked, " I don't wanna do this... " He said, his voice cracking. I pulled him closer to my chest, "What do you mean? You took this role didn't you? " I asked. He shook his head.

" I was forced... I was told that my siblings would get hurt or even worse killed if I didn't do this job. I should've known he wouldn't keep his promise. I have to spend my whole life doing his bidding now and I couldn't protect them. I-I" he began to break down and say incoherent words. I gently rubbed his back and protectively wrapped my other arm around him.

"You're fine, who is this 'he' you're talking about?" I asked, " I-I can't tell... " He said. I sighed and turned my ear piece on again, " Nevermind, he got away. I just need Yonaga" I turned my focus back to the thief.

" What's she going to do?" He asked, "Angie's my partner, we're both going to question you and you'll need to answer honestly okay?" He nodded.

After a few minutes Angie skipped her way toward our destination.

"Hello~!" She exclaimed. Kokichi silently waved.

"Should we do this here or at my house?" I asked, "Your house he might hear us"

"Alright"

I grabbed his hand and brought him toward Angie's car. She drove us to my house. I brought him inside and sat him on the couch infront of us. We began to ask him questions.

"What's your name?"

"Kokichi Ouma"

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen"

"Who was your close family"

"Mikan Tsumiki was my half sister, and Nagito Komaeda was my adopted brother. My mother was Celestia Ludenberg and-" Angie cut him off.

" Wasn't Celestia actually Taeko? She was wanted everywhere and we caught her" she said. Kokichi nodded.

"My father is who makes me do this..."

"Who is he?" I asked, "He's ______________"

My eyes widened, " That's your dad! " Angie exclaimed making him jump, " Yeah..? "

" That guy escaped prison a few years ago" I explained. His nodded.

" What did he do to you other then you know..? "

" He'd just make me give him everything I stole. If I didn't get enough he'd slap me" I nodded and wrote down everything he said.

" I'll tell you what, you can stay at my house tonight but we have to turn you in tomorrow okay? "

" Okay" I smiled and grabbed some of my shirts and a pair of pants. I gave them to him and he changed.

"You can sleep with me tonight" I said, "Thanks for the clothes and letting me stay at your place" he said. I hummed in response as I looked down at everything he'd said.

"Ooh~ can I sleepover too!" Angie asked, "Sure"

I hope this was of your expectations!