Forty-Seven (Smut)

Silence. Everything was silent. It was almost as if heaven had opened to swallow you.

Somewhere in the distance, birds were singing. A soft breeze was stroking though your hair, placed a kiss on your forehead and vanished again. It was a warm day but not hot. Just warm enough to feel comfortable but not hot enough to sweat. It was the perfect day.

Halfway asleep, you tried to open your eyes a little.

Soft but bright light flooded your tired eyes, forcing you to squeeze them shut again. Instead, you tried to sit upwards. But a sharp pain forced you to settle again.

"Careful, little poppy.", a warm familiar voice whispered into your ear. "Your Body is healing slower. But soon you will be back to your old self."

Carefully, Regis placed a kiss on your forehead. He smelled a little different, still like herbs but also like cold air and stone.

Were you still trapped in the cave?

Did he manage to beat Ulez?

Or perhaps... did you both die and reunited in heaven?

"Regis...", you whispered, not daring to speak any louder.

You did not want this good, warm feeling to leave your chest as soon as the dream came to an end.

"I am right here, little poppy.", he said and squeezed your numb hand a little. "How do you feel? Did you sleep well?"

"I'm still a little tired. The atmosphere feels... unknown."

A soft laugh filled his chest.

"Don't worry. We are safe here. Take all the time you need to get used to the atmosphere. I will care for you."

Confused, you frowned.

This sounded almost like a dream.

Lifting your head a little, you tried to open your eyes again. This time, you managed to open them wide enough to catch a glance of the surrounding. You were laying in a bed, soft blankets and pillows embraced your body, providing heating and a feeling of comfort. There was a dresser right next to it, across the room stood a desk. It was covered with something, probably papers. The room had a wardrobe, another dresser and a table with one chair at each side.

The sound of wood burning inside an oven filled the air. There must have been a stove or at least a place to cook on.

So you were back at the cemetery.

Relived, you let out a deep sigh and fell back into the soft pillows.

"Give me a few more minutes.", you whispered. "I'll be back in no time."

"Take all the time you need. I'll be here when you wake up.", again, he breathed a kiss onto your forehead.

As you awoke from your sleep again, it was plain dark outside.

As if you had been reborn, you sat up in the bed, yawning. But as you opened your eyes again, something was off. It took you sleepy brain a moment to notice. But then, realisation hit you.

"This is not the cemetery.", you gasped and sat up straight.

A soft giggle sounded.

"I'm glad you noticed.", Regis smiled and turned in his chair.

He sat at a desk that was facing towards a wall that was covered with papers, drawings and dried herbs he had decided to hang up on his working space. There were a lot of them, like roses and tulips. But at the center of them all was a bright, red poppy.