Forty-Eight

It was already starting to get bright outside, as Regis woke you.

Sleepy and still a little exhausted from the adventure before, you protested and pushed him away. But he wouldn't stop shaking you by the shoulder.

"What is it?", you asked in a grumpy voice.

He giggled.

"Why in such a bad mood, little poppy. Was the last night not to your pleasing?", he asked jokingly.

You had to smile. Playing along, you turned towards him, raised an eyebrow and tried to mess with him.

"I was dreaming about a man last night.", you said, daydreaming.

"Oh really? Tell me more."

"He was gentle and loving. His hands were so skilled."

Understanding, he nodded while trying to suppress a grin.

"Was he handsome though?", he asked.

You laughed, a little louder and livelier this time.

"Oh, he was. I love his grey hair. His eyes carrie all the wisdom. And his tattoos... Oh, I love the tattoos on his chest. They make him look like a criminal even though he is the sweetest."

The description of himself seemed weird to Regis but he liked it anyways. He liked the way you were talking about him, as if he was a piece of your heart. It spread a warm feeling inside his chest.

With a soft giggle, he placed a kiss onto your forehead and smiled.

"I love you.", he whispered and took your hand, to guide you out of bed.

As the sheets slipped form your body, revealing naked skin, Regis eyes flickered down and up to your face again.

"You're beautiful.", he pulled you close to kiss you again.

You just couldn't resist and had to smile against his lips. With one hand on his muscular chest and the other on the back of his neck, you let yourself sink into the kiss even deeper.

The air around you two was warm, almost heavenly. Everything was so silent. A soft breeze crawled through the open window, stroked through Regis hair and kissed your (S/C) skin. A light sigh escaped your lips.

"Where are we, Regis? This feels like heaven. Are we dead?", you asked, a little serious.

Everything seemed so unreal. It was too good to be true. Like a dream you wished would never come to an end.

"We are not dead. I promise.", he said and guided you towards an open window. "Look. Isn't it beautiful? This is our paradise now."

With eyes widened in shock, your breath hitched in your throat.

Outside the window was the bluest of skies you had ever seen. In the distance, fog was wrapping its white fingers around mountains so high, their tops were touching the sun. Green grass was growing between the rocks of the mountains, while wild flowers danced with the wind.

Somewhere in the distance, goats were jumping from rock to rock, driven by the desire to find food that would satisfy their empty stomach.

With an unbelieving gasp, you raised your eyes to the sky, where an eagle was out for hunting. Its dark feathers caught the sunlight like a void, making it look like the king of the air.

"This...", you stuttered. "This can't be... Regis, this is heaven! We are in heaven!"

With a loving smile, he looked at you. With a kiss on your shoulder he came closer and wrapped his arms around you.

"This is ours now. Our heaven.", he whispered and kissed your neck.

A lonely cabin on a mountain. It was small but enough for the two of you. There was fresh and clear water in a little river not far from the cabin and everything you needed to survive was growing in a little garden in front of the cabin.

There were vegetables, herbs and eatable plants that were usually not eaten on a regular basis.

As you leaned out of the window to take a look at the facade of the cabin, there were flowers decorating the wood. It was like a little front yard, with a wooden table and a bench on each side.

A pot of poppies was standing on top of it. Their blossoms had the richest colour of red a poppy could have.

Suddenly, your heart got heavy. This was a dream. This couldn't be true. But you would dream this dream as long as you were able to. This was everything you could have ever wished for and even more.

"Gods...", the view drove tears to your eyes. "I love you, Regis. I love you so much."

Was this even real?

How did everything change so drastic all of a sudden?

It was the best thing that had ever happened to you.

A loving luang filled Regis chest, as he opened the door to let you go outside and feel the reality of everything.

He was happy. There was a constant smile on his lips. His eyes shimmered like crystals filled with happiness.

"I love you too. Come, let's tend to the garden. Dinner will be made fresh today.", he said and turned to get dressed.

A little unsure, you began to dig up some vegetables. You had no experience in gardening but Regis had explained a lot. He was a patient teacher, who took himself time to explain every little detail.

He had explained which plants were edible and wich were for seasoning. He had even taken the time to tell you how to harvest each plant the best way to prevent damages and ugly spots.

Now, you were sitting on the ground, humming a little song while the sun shone down in you. It was a nice day. Perfect, to be exact.

Regis was tending to the flowers, a gentle smile was shining on his face and it did not want to go away.

Every now and then, he came over to steal a kiss and placed a flower on you hair, to make a crown out of the flowers that were unable to grow further.

With a gentle smile on your lips, you raised your head as a soft breeze was stroking over your face. The light of the sun blinded you.

This was it.

This was home.