26

"When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens."

--- Luigina Sgarro

An hour later Aaradhya regained consciousness, she opened her eyes and found Abhi sitting beside her bed, holding her hand in his palms and looking at her with unknown emotions in his eyes.

Seeing that she was awake, Abhi helped her to sit ..."Aadhya, how do you feel now?Are you dizzy? Does your head still paining?"

Aadhya shook her head, saying" I'm okay."

Everyone was relieved. They were really shocked when she fell down.

He helped her to get some water,after she took a sip of water...Aadhya looked at him and asked," It was you, right?The little boy in my memories...who calls me 'Sunshine' , who asks me to play violin for him...the one who spoils me with chocolates whenever I asked, the one who gets my back whatever I do..the one in that old pictures..." The one that I'm always missing

Abhinav nodded his head.

Aadhya suddenly hugged him as tears rolled down on her cheeks.. Finally, I found you.. luckily I found you

Abhi was stunned for a moment.. after few seconds, he wrapped her in his arms and comforted her,"It's okay..I'm here.." whilst his hand gently patted her back.

His heart hurt, feeling her warm tears on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry" Aadhya withdrew, becoming embarrassed with all the eyes staring at her. Everyone in the room looked really worried about her.

" It's alright, you take rest for sometime..we will go back at evening," Abhi wiped her tears and tucked her in bed. After few minutes, Aadhya fell into slumber.

At evening, Abhi and Aadhya drove back towards her dormitory...while waiting in the traffic jam, Aadhya suddenly asked,

"Abhi, if I still didn't meet you, would you continue to wait?"

Abhinav was silent for a moment, before answering softly "Yes".

Sure enough, this would be his answer...

"So many years have passed, did it never cross your mind that we may never cross each other's path or maybe I will love someone and marry him?"

Abhi looked at her thoughtfully... " To be honest, I have never did thought of that."

Everyone in his family could see he couldn't forget her, so they didn't urge him to find a girlfriend.

Even if everyone says you won't return to me and won't remember me. I'll stubbornly stay right here. For fear that after I leave, you won't be able to find me when you return.

Is this what yearning is?May be it is my undying. burning love for you.

"But after all these years, what if I become different from your original impression of me?" Aadhya questioned.

Abhinav became depressed for a period of time. He felt so lonely. so frustrated, but without Aadhya, he could not simply stop his life. So he imagined that Aadhya was still there accompanying him. staying by his side... After that, he reached new heights in life but still waiting for her to come back as he promised in their childhood...'I promise, I will wait for you'

Whenever he thought of Aadhya. he could not restrain the sudden skipping of his heartbeat.This heartbeat, except for Aadhya, no one else has ever made him feel so.