56

When Lasya passed away a few days later, Aaradhya was devastated.

The funeral of Lasya was arranged as per Hindu tradition. Her family, friends, and loved ones gathered, mourning the loss of her. Aaradhya stood amongst the mourners, she felt really empty inside and didn't cry, not even once. She was just thinking about nothing...as she struggled to come to terms with the fact that her best friend was gone forever.

Aaradhya sat there gazing at Lasya's photo which looked bright and cheerful, lost in thoughts.Memories of Lasya flood her mind—laughter, shared secrets, and unforgettable moments.

At Lasya's home...

Aaradhya steps inside the living room, with a somber expression,followed closely by Arjun. The room is filled with silence, the weight of their recent loss palpable in the air.

Aaradhya takes off her coat and places it on a nearby chair. She glances around the room, her eyes landing on the family photographs adorning the walls, memories frozen in time. Her gaze lingers on one picture in particular, showing her and Lasya, arms wrapped around each other, smiles illuminating their faces.

"Aadhya, maybe you should sit down. Rest for a bit," Arjun said concern lacing his voice.

Aaradhya doesn't respond, her mind lost in a whirlwind of memories and emotions. She walks toward the picture, gently touching Lasya's face.

["Annayya, Hurry over, Aadhya is falling apart," ] Abhi received a call from Arjun.

Looking at the name displayed on the screen, Aaradhya took a deep breath and tried to swallow all her emotions at the moment, before pressing the phone to answer the call.

"Abhi..".

[How are you?]

Aaradhya closed her eyes to keep herself from expressing her feelings, because just listening to his voice, she felt like the walls that had built around her were almost collapsing.

"Everything is fine."

[Precious...]

"Many of my childhood friends came to attend the funeral. It had been a long time since we had seen each other, I could barely recognise them."

[Precious...]

"I didn't even shed a tear..."

[That's enough Aaradhya...]

"So, how are you? Did the things went well?"

[Precious...]

[Do you remember what I said before?]

The words he had spoken, before she left?

[That if you couldn't take it anymore...]

'If you want me there... just say so. I'll hurry over.'

"Abhi..."

[Yes?]

"It hurts..."

[...]

"Precious."

It wasn't a voice coming from the phone...

Aaradhya got up then turned around and no longer cared about the phone slipping out of her hands or the dizziness she was feeling.

As soon as Aaradhya saw that familiar face, she let her tears flow without holding back. Her feet moved towards the person, "Abhi?"

Abhinav opened his arms and looked at her with soft eyes, "Sorry for the wait."

All the walls around her crumbled as soon as Abhinav finished speaking, she quickly rushed into his embrace.

"Abhi.....it feels so bad... hiccup....it hurts...." She pressed her face against his broad chest, crying. The feelings that had been building up inside her for several days had just burst out.