13

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"Have a good rest of your day." I said to my client walking her out.

"Thank you. You too." She said,as I closed and locked the door behind her. I got my locks changed this morning and I felt safer. I wasn't going to let Dave in even if he banged on the door. I would've simply called the police. I opened up King's cage letting him roam around the house. I texted Destiny to ask her to come over since I was bored.

"You hungry?" I said looking at King who kept following me. I looked at him,waiting for a reaction. He just stood there looking up at me,I smiled and went to go fill up his bowl of food,then my phone buzzed.

Destiny
you feel like going out?

I thought to myself. I haven't been out to enjoy myself in a while. The only times I go out is to go to the post office and ship out orders. I literally lock myself home for no reason. I don't know I guess I just haven't been feeling it lately,I didn't want to have to worry about putting on makeup every time it was time for me to go out. My bruises were almost healed,but I still have Dave's handprint on the side of my face. I could use a day of going out,it was still kind of early though.

Jalanee
where?

Destiny
let's go to an indoor spa some place downtown,it's cold as fuck out. i'm downstairs ring me in

I hearted her message,and walked to the front of my apartment,pressing the button letting her into the apartment. I placed King's bowl in front of him.

Dave hasn't reached out to me yet,he probably thinks I told my dad about what happened. I should go to the cops,but Kairi needed her father. I wonder if he ever hit her....She was honestly a quiet sweet little girl. Even though I doubt I'll be around her as much,watching her every single night brought me closer to her. She reminded me of myself when I was younger. Confused. I just hoped he would never stoop that low and hurt his own daughter.

"Hey." Destiny said walking through my front door,taking her coat off,bringing me back to reality.

"Hey,How are you?" I said walking up to her,giving her a hug.

"I'm good,You?" She said

"I'm fine." I said bluntly.

"Well Tell me how I just started seeing this dude,like I bumped into him on my way from work the other week. We started talking but I didn't wanna say anything to fuck it up you know?" She said. I smiled,I honestly couldn't be happier for. Me and Destiny friendship was rocky at a point,but I grew to actually love her as a friend. She honestly deserved to be happy.

"As you should bitch. I'm happy for you. How he look?" I asked. She pulled out her phone and showed me a photo of a handsome lil white boy.

"I never knew you was into white boys. He's cute though. Y'all went on a date yet?" I asked.