93

Jalanee Coleman

"They said pregnant woman suppose to be grumpy all day. Mines just sleep all day." Kentrell said pointing the camera at me. I was sound asleep,he would always bug me about sleeping all day and waking up at 6 in the afternoon. Now,I haven't even got a minute of shut eye worrying about him.

"I should wake her up right? She gon get mad at me though." He said speaking to the phone. He grinned at the camera and shook a cup of water and ice.

He poured a drop of water on me and laughed quietly. I stayed sleep,not feeling anything. "Fuck it. Watch this." He said. He tip toed closer to me and poured the water all over my head and onto my chest,making my body shoot up.

Next thing you know he went running out of the room laughing,and you could hear me yelling his name in the back. I laughed with myself,as I slid through my camera roll that was full of photos of me and Kentrell. This became a habit these past few days...just relying on memories of us,since I haven't spoken to him since he called me.

"I ain't have no one to hold. And you deserve the world like it's my all. Flex on these hoes for me. Now, baby, can you please put this chain on?" He sang into the phone. I smiled,blushing all over again. When he was away for his shows he would always send me videos of him rapping or singing. I loved that man so much,he would always include in things when he didn't have to. Always took the time to make me feel special.

"I miss you." I whispered,cheesing at the voice message.

I closed out my phone and picked up the mini mirror I carried around with me.

"You could do this Jalanee...you're good at hiding things right?" I said to myself. "Just lie. It's easy. Men do it all the time." I said applying another layer of lipstick on my lips. Montana and I practiced on what I would say all day yesterday and I'm glad he didn't put me in a position where I was lying. I just was hiding the truth,if that made sense.

I stuffed my mirror back into my bag,and hopped out of my car,walking towards the ran down police station.

"Goodmorning" I said giving the woman at the first window a small smile.

"Goodmorning miss. How could I assist you today?"

"I'm here to see Officer Ray." I said looking at the contact card Montana gave me. I showed the woman proof and identity and another officer led me to an interrogation room.

I tapped the bottom of my heels against the floor,waiting patiently for someone to enter the room. The walls were scrapped of paint,and the chair rocked from side to side as I moved around.

Two detectives walked into the room. One was really tall and walked like he had a bad foot,the other was dark-skinned and walked behind his partner .

The white man,dropped the file he was carrying and started to go through it. They didn't greet me or anything,seemed like they just wanted to get straight to it.

No words were exchanged from the three of us,the only
sound that was able to be heard was the sound of the deceive flipping through pages.

"What's your relationship to Kentrell Gaulden?" The white man asked,randomly.

"He's my boyfriend. Been my boyfriend for a while." I replied quickly.

"What was his initial relationship to you?"

"I was his therapist a couple years back." I said gulping down a ball of split in my throat.

"And when did the relationship start to get romantic?"