139

Jalanee Coleman Atlanta,Georgia

Jalanee Coleman
Atlanta,Georgia

I woke up to load beeping sound,which made me wince in pain,due to my headache. I looked over at the security system,turning off the alarm letting me know someone was at our door. I pressed to see a visual of who it was.

"Baby" I said waking up Kentrell. He groaned as I threw the covers over us. My legs aches as I got walked down the steps.

"Hi Auntie." I said to Kentrell's aunt,rubbing my eyes.

"I didn't mean to wake y'all. But it's 4 in the afternoon." She said. "I'm here to drop her off." She said picking up Amira's car seat.

"Of course. Thank you so much for watching her." I said dragging her car seat into the house.

"It was no problem. If you need me to watch her again,don't be afraid to call." She said. "Now I got to get going. Bye sweetheart." She said waving at Amira. I said my goodbye and closed the door behind me.

I groaned,my head was pounding in pain. I picked up Amria's seat and walked upstairs with it. I walked into our bedroom,setting her down. Kentrell was up,on his phone.

"Your daughter is back home." I announced.

His low hazel eyes looked at Amira and a smile formed on his face. I raised my eyebrow at him. He's usually be so eager to hold her,tired or not.

"Kentrell you have a meeting with your record label today. Go get ready." I said to him as I unzipped Amira's sweater.

He wiped the crust off his eyes and sucked his teeth. "Ion feel like going." His croaky voice spoke.

"What's wrong?" I said sitting at the end of the bed.

"I feel-" He started but got cut off with a sneeze into his elbow. He groaned and laid back into the bed.

"Jalanee turn up the ac fa' me." He said. I picked up the ac remote that was laying in the bed,putting on the air conditioner.

I crawled up to his side,putting my hand on his forehead.

"You're burning up." I said taking note of the sweat that was building up on his face.

I made my way to the bathroom's cabinet looking through all the medicine labels that was stored in there. I found the right pills for fevers and took out two. I wondered back into our bedroom,handing Kentrell the pills. As I was looking around for a bottle of water,I heard the sound of his swallowing.

"Did you just swallow those big ass pills dry?"I said.

"Ain't you swallow my kids last night?" His voice cracked.

"Now I should just let you suffer here. With your snot dripping out your nose." I said wiping his nose. He held his chest as he chuckled.

"How you just get sick overnight?" I frowned,fluffing up his pillows. I put a kleenex box of tissue on the nightstand and even a few cough drops. "Go get some sleep. I'm going to get in the shower. You need anything else?" Our conversation was cut off by the whining of Amira. I sighed and got off the bed.