27

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"Um I'm here to visit Kairi East." I said.

"What is your relation to her?" She asked me before typing on the computer.

"I was her father's girlfriend before he passed." I said.

"Do you have form of identification?" She asked me. I pulled out my id,and handed it to her. She looked at my id,and started to type on the computer. I felt like I was doing something illegal. Kentrell couldn't really get mad at me. I was going to tell him,and I wasn't going to wait too long either.

"Right this way." She said,coming from behind the desk. She led to a play room,with a table and two small chairs.

"She'll be here in a few minutes. They should be out of lunch any second from now." She said walking out.

I found out Kairi was put into the system,and I just felt so bad. I hated her father for what he did to me,but I cared about Kairi. She lost her father and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone,especially not for someone as young. Knowing Kentrell he's going to be upset. I don't plan on doing anything but visiting her for some time.

"Jalanee" Kairi said running to me,making me head back into reality.

"Hey beautiful. I missed you." I said hugging her.

"I missed you too. Are you taking me back home?" She said sitting down in front of me.

"No not today. You like it here?" I said looking at her. Her hair was messy,and she looked so sleepy. I felt so bad just looking at her.

"I miss my daddy. Do you know where he's at? I hate it here Jalanee." She said poking her bottom lip out.

"No I haven't heard from him in a long time. I miss him too. Where's your mommy?" I said swallowing my guilt down.

"I don't know. Can you please take me home." She said starting to tear up. I got up and went to her side and hugged her.

"I can't just take you home princess. I'll see what I could do though to get you out of here." I said. Seeing her cry made me feel so dirty and wrong. This whole situation just rubbed me off the wrong way.

"They said someone hurt my daddy. Is that true?" She asked me.

"I don't know they wouldn't tell me anything." I quickly said.

"Everything is going to be fine though." I said stroking her face. She just frowned.

"What do you do here?" I said looking around.

"It's just like school,except I sleep in here. Did you bring any snacks?" She asked,standing up.

"No,you still like those gummy bears?" I said smiling at her.

"Yeah,and the sour patches." She said finally smiling.

"I'll bring them next time love." I said smiling back at her.