140

Jalanee Coleman Atlanta,Georgia

Jalanee Coleman
Atlanta,Georgia

"Jalanee is everything all right?" My mom said looking up from Amira. I nodded my head and looked the opposite direction.

"Are you sure? You look uncomfortable in your own home." She asked looking around. My mother finally decided to check up on me,but she's been doing nothing but critiquing every single thing. From how I breastfed to what bathroom products I used to cleaned the bathroom with.

"I'm fine ma." I dried off my hands,finishing the last of the dishes. I felt like such a housewife these past couples of days and I actually enjoyed it a bit. Kentrell's fever been getting better,but we didn't wanna risk it and have him around Amira still. So I've been cooking,cleaning,and watching the baby 24/7 with hardly any help.

"What type of baby formula are y'all feeding her?" My mother asked shaking her bottle.

"Similac."

"Mhm." She said putting the bottle to Amira's mouth. My phone vibrates on the counter before I could speak.

trell❤️
Come talk to me

I set my phone back down and sighed. I still had to wipe off the counters. And then give Amira a bath. Kentrell big baby self would have to wait for a few.

"You sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure." I said grabbing a cleaning cloth.

"Is it your baby daddy?"

"My who?" I said glaring at her.

"Amira's father?"

"You mean my fiancé?" I put the cleaning cloth down slowly and stared at her. My baby daddy?

"When did that happen?" She fake gasped.

"Over the weekend." I mumbled. For her to act as if she didn't know baffled me.

"Oh."

I didn't even know whether to be mad or not. But I was definitely irritated. Cause me and Kentrell been together for the longest,the least she could do is respect the fact that we were together and he wasn't just my baby daddy.

"Mom I don't know what's your issue with him all of a sudden."

"I don't trust him. And you cannot blame me. He got arrested for killing my friend's son. And His ex stabbed you,leaving you with a dead baby. Jalanee are you feeling safe around him?"

"First of Dave's mom wasn't even your friend until he died. And Kentrell isn't to blame for everything going around here. He lost a child as well."

"So who's to blame?" She semi-yelled,startling Amira. My instinct reaction was to take my daughter out of her arms,as she started to fuss like she was about to cry. I personally disliked people touching my child if it wasn't Kentrell or my grandma,but my Nana went back to Jamaica after the Bahamas's trip.