92

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"Baton Rouge rapper NBA YoungBoy has been arrested by Atlanta,Georgia police on First Degree Murder Charges. David Lawrence Brewster was brutally found dead in his apartment in New York back in January." The news anchor said on the tv. Kayla quickly picked up the remote and switched off the channel.

Kentrell been in jail multiple times,but this would be the first since we've met. All because of me. I haven't been able to sleep since they took him. I just know they doing my baby bad in there. I've been having to take crap from literally everybody left and right about this situation. Especially from my family. They couldn't wait to tear his name up. After last night,when everybody finally gotten the news they all came over to my house. I wanted to just be alone at this moment.

"So Kentrell really murdered your boyfriend?" My mom said. She didn't waste no time gossiping about situation with people back in our neighborhood.

"No." I mumbled. "And Dave isn't and wasn't my boyfriend." I said rolling my eyes.

"Not your boyfriend?" She laughed,sarcastically, "What has gotten into you?"

"Ma just chill on her." My brother budded in.

"Chill? Her boyfriend is facing murder charges for her ex. I'm starting to think she knew something about this. You went to the funeral and didn't shed a tear." She said. My dad eyed her,giving her a warning. "She knew this whole time." She added.

"He never even laid eyes on Dave. Stop speaking on things you don't know about." I snapped back.

"Now Jalanee who the hell you talking to?" My mom said.

"Jalanee just don't..." Kayla said,shaking her head.

"Y'all see a headline and run with it." I said walking off. I walked into my bedroom,and already had my anger replaced with emptiness,smelling Kentrell's scent throughout the room.

I hated how I had to defend myself against my own mother. My father hasn't said a word about it,which I appreciate. Nobody really has. In the back of Kayla's head she probably knows he did it,but nobody would really say anything about it.

I looked at the empty spot in my bed,where Kentrell laid at,then my phone buzzed,gaining my attention,

Incoming call from Marietta Police Department

Without thinking,my finger finger went over the green button.

"Jalanee-"

"Kentrell are you okay?" I said immediately

"I'm straight. I'm sorry for all this shit I didn't mean for it to go down like this-"

"It's not your fault. At all babe."