130

Omniscient POV

"Shit." Kentrell said dropping the bottle onto the floor as the baby screamed in the background. It was obvious he wasn't good with baby formula,but he didn't want to wake up his girlfriend.

"Man how you work this shit?" He said to himself looking at the measuring cup in the formula bin. Amira's wails got louder making Kentrell smack his lips and walk over to her crib.

"I'm tryna make you a bottle. You can't be crying like that." He said scooping her up out of her crib. Her cries turned into whines as He rocked her in his arms. "You tryna wake your mama up?" He cooed,as she started to calm down.

"Man you can't make a baby bottle?" Kendell scoffed,snatching them baby bottle out his hand.

"Who be making her bottles when Jalanee not here?" Ben asked.

"Jalanee always leave a bottle. This girl go through atleast 6 bottles a day. One bottle don't fill her." Kentrell said,bouncing the baby in his arms. Kendell shook his head and scooped the power formula into the bottle.

"Where her mama at?" Kendell asked.

"Sent her out to get her hair done." He looked back at his daughter. "You on ya cry baby shit. You ain't ever like this." He said,patting her back.

"Kendell hurry the fuck up with that bottle." Kentrell asked as the baby wailed into his ear.

"Here." Kendell said handing him a bottle. Kentrell sat down in the rocking chair,attempting to feed the child. She fussed and dodged the bottle everytime he tried to put it to her mouth.

"She not hungry." Ben said. Amira started to cry again and Kentrell got up with her again. "Mane what you want?" He said.

"Do that lil thang Jalanee be doing." Kendell suggested.

"I ain't doing that bitch ass shit." As soon as he said that Amira started screaming out more,and it frustrated him some more.

"You better get to it." Ben said laughing.

He sucked his teeth,and readjusted his grip on her,so her legs were hanging.

"Look pretty girl,it's daddy." Kentrell said in baby talk. Kendell and Ben were in the back laughing causing him to roll his eyes.

"Watchu want? Mr.Pebbles?" He asked her. Her eyes softened and her crying got lower,staring at her father's eyes.

"Who the fuck is Mr.Pebbles?" Ben snorted laughing.

"Ion know. Jalanee named her teddy bear that shit."

"Kendell go get her teddybear in her crib." Kentrell said. "All that fucking laughing,make ya ass useful."

"How bout you make ya ass useful. 4 kids and can't make a fucking bottle of milk." Kendell said,handing him the teddybear. Kentrell snatched it,and waved it in Amira's face. Her crying stopped completely,and she was now amazed by the teddybear.

"There you go." He said smiling at her. "Mr.Pebbles here. Now stop allat crying."

Seeing that the baby was now occupied with the teddybear,he decided to get things off his chest. "Yall think I could leave the country with this Jania shit going on?"

"Why you tryna flee the country?" Ben asked

"I'm tryna do sum for Jalanee. I asked Marco,he said it's fine. I just don't wanna do all this shit ain't she don't even wanna go. You know? This shit taking a toll on ha' and ion even think she worried about a vacation." He explained.

"With the shit she been through,I think she need a vacation. Amira coming too?" Ben asked.

"Nah. She too little. Ion wanna risk no shit happening her." He said looking down at a now smiling Amira. "Pink ass gums." He said to her.

"So you and Jalanee good now?" Kendell asked.

"Yeah. We was gon be good either way. I love that girl." He said. "I just wanna do sum good for her."

Jalanee then walked in the room with shopping bags.

"Thank god. This nigga was gon make me wanna call cps on his ass." Kendell said sucking his teeth.

"What happened?" She laughed,setting the bags down.

"Yo daughter just missed ha mama." Kentrell said. He examined her,and her new hair style. Her signature long jet black inches. "Lil spoiled ass."

"I'm finna go out for a smoke." Ben said. Kentrell nodded and watched as Kendell and Ben walked out of the room. Jalanee walked up to the two,and smiled. "She was good?"

"I got a headache from all that damn crying." Kentrell said.

The baby began to whimper again,staring at her parents. "Say' how you make her bottle?" He asked.

Jalanee groaned and took the baby out of his arms and got seated. She pulled down the sleeve to her tank top,exposing her breast. Her loud cries stoped as Jalanee placed her breast at her mouth.

"Why didn't you call me?" She asked.

"Wanted you to get time to yourself. If I knew she wanted to suck on your titties I would've been call you up." He said to her.

"I would've thought you would know how to make a baby bottle." Jalanee teased. "I ain't make one in a minute." He said smacking his lips.

Amira eyes slowly shut as she continued to suck for milk.

"All this just for some nasty ass breast milk." Kentrell said.

"Leave her alone." Jalanee laughed. "She getting so chubby."

"Sure is, but say' who did ya hair?"

"Jayda's friend." She said simply.

"Why yeen' go to tennis ball tae?"

She shrugged. "No reason. Just wanted to see Jayda today."

"Well you look good." He said kissing her cheek. He always found her attractive,but when she was attending to their child,it was a beautiful sight.

"Thank you." She smiled down at the child as she spoke.

"What you done bought?" He asked looking at the shopping bags.

"Baby clothes. And I bought you some new wife beaters." She said. He started going through the bags,pulling out some of the baby clothes. He held out a onesie and smacked his lips. "The way she eating she gon grow out of this by next month."

"Whatever. Come put her to bed so I can shower." Jalanee said putting her breast back into her bra.

______________________________________________