35

Omniscient POV

"How's this one?" Kayla said trying on another bathing suit.

"You look great." Jalanee said dryly,not even looking up. Kayla looked at her,in silence,hoping she'll look up,but she didn't. She looked in the mirror adjusting the top of her bathing suit,and looked back at her. "You think it'll be good if I get in black?" Kayla asked. Jalanee stood there,with her eyes glued to her phone.

"Jalanee." She said snatching her phone out of her hands. She looked at the phone and gave her worried look.

"Aw baby." Kayla said hugging her sister. Jalanee was currently going through Kentrell's story,and He was really with Yaya. It hurt her so bad,because it hadn't even been 48 hours and they were already together. It just shows how much respect he had for her. "It's one thing to kick you out his house,but to bring another female there? Especially Yaya." Kayla said shaking her head,looking back at the phone.

"It's not fine. How about we just block him?" Kayla asked with Jalanee's phone in her hands.

"I don't want to,not now." Jalanee said taking her phone back,a part of her still wanted to see what he was doing,and she waited for him to text her or call
her,but he was occupied with Yaya.

"That bitch a dummy. Kentrell tell her to jump,she gon' ask him how high."Kayla said. And it was true,Yaya would do anything for Kentrell just to keep him happy,as much as Jalanee wanted to,she actually had to work and had a life to work for,she wasn't as available to be by his side all the time. If Kentrell was going to need someone to be by his side all the time,Jalanee decided that taking note of her life right now,She wasn't for him.

"It's fine." She said,pulling back from the hug. The words Kentrell said to her kept replaying in her head,and it stung every time as if she was reliving every moment again. She also didn't want to be moody because her sister birthday was tomorrow,and she didn't want to take all that attention off of her. She wiped the stray tear that was about to come from her face,and put on a fake smile.

"I think you should keep this color." She said finally looking at the bathing suit. The two were at Kayla's new house,and they were going through the bathing suits she had bought for her birthday trip to Mexico.

"You sure you wanna still go? If you're not feeling it anymore,I completely understand." Kayla said.

"I'm sure. I'll be fine,this isn't the first time me and him broke up. I'll get over it.", Jalanee said standing up,picking up Messiah who was trying to rip out his own hair.

"Messiah going too?" She asked looking up at Kayla. "No,He finna go with Joe's mama for a while. I'm not tryna deal with any kids on this trip." She said.

"Speaking on kids,Messiah blessed your skinny ass with baby weight though." Jalanee said,laughing. "Girl I know your frail ass not talking. But we did gain weight over the last few years. Give it up to us." She said,making the both of them laugh.

"I think I'll have a good time,Kentrell most likely won't wanna go anymore again." She said,making Kayla eye her. "What?" She asked.

"Bitch about that. I had to beg him to let me use his jet. So I don't know if that'll mean he's coming. Hopefully he doesn't though I don't need y'all arguing." Kayla said.

"I honestly don't think me and him will get into it. I'm at the point of my life where if it doesn't work,it doesn't. I won't feed into his energy." She said letting out a sigh.

"Girl stop talking like that,making me sad." Kayla said folding some clothes. "So you really really done this time?" Kayla asked again.

"I think so. I'll be a clown at this point to go back to him. I mean this all just happened the other day. I don't know where I stand. He's already with another girl." She said shrugging. Kayla shook her head and the thought,"He wild. I honestly think you should focus on yourself. Niggas ain't shit. Especially Br niggas." She said shaking her head.

"You lucky to have Joe though. Even though he a little slow,no offense,He's good for you and y'all match each other. And Y'all have a handsome son." Jalanee said kissing on Messiah's cheek.

"He slow as hell. It's crazy because me and him weren't even together for so long when I had Messiah. People bashed me for it,but him and Joe were honestly the best thing that ever happened to me." Kayla said. Jalanee honestly never knew why when her and Kentrell tried with their relationship,it never worked. He always seemed to happy with other girls,and their relationship was always so simple. She started to think she was the issue. Her life was so complicated,and she was always independent. She wasn't going to drop everything just for him,like how other females did.

"I just don't know if he's really done or he just doing this to make me mad. He's doing too much. Messing with Yaya crossed the line. We get into it all the time but for him to do this is just off. I think he's really just had it with waiting on me." She said,letting a tear roll of her face. This whole time she's been telling herself that they'll be back together,but to see he did move on so fast,left her confused and hurt.

"This is just another bump in the road...a big one." Kayla said,trying to let the situation better.

"Y'all still in here?" Babyjoe said sticking his head into the room. Jalanee quickly wiped her tears,making Babyjoe enter his full body into the room.

"Fuck you crying about?" He asked,making Kayla mug him. "Nothing now go." Kayla said to him.

"Man I wasn't talking to you. You really pregnant?" Babyjoe asked,making Kayla turn her head at Jalanee with a confused look.

"I'm not pregnant,I can't believe you believed that." Jalanee said,shaking her head.

"Man he was telling everyone that shit. What he did now? Nigga top crazy." He said sitting down. "Get your fake ass on. You just came from his place,you ain't slick." Kayla said to him.

"What did he say about me?" Jalanee asked,and Babyjoe let his dreads fall in front of his voice,as the two waited for him to be speak urgently.

"He was just cutting up with Yaya. I ain't even know them two was back fucking with each other. It ain't important." He said.

"Can you just tell me? Please." Jalanee said,sitting down with Messiah in her arms.

"He was just saying you a hoe. Most of it was Yaya talking,he was just letting her joce' on your name. Don't worry about that though. That boy don't know he want and Yaya on crack." Babyjoe said.

"Yaya? What the fuck she say?" Kayla said. Jalanee started to feel uneasy,like she needed to lay down.

"Mane' I ain't tryna start nothing." Babyjoe said.

"You not." Kayla said sucking his teeth. "You not one of his bitches." Kayla said to him sternly making Joe suck his teeth. "She was just talking about how Jalanee obsessed with her and wanted her spot so bad." He said,making Kayla and Jalanee look at each other.

"Bitch what?" Kayla said laughing. "I'm saying though." Jalanee replied back,in a serious tone.

"She let that rusty ass ring get to her head." Kayla said making Babyjoe laugh,Jalanee looked down at her hand,thinking back to the moment Kentrell had gave her the ring. Despite his constant outburst,she knew he loved her dearly,and was willing to do anything to put a smile on her face,she honestly didn't know if she'd ever find that type of love again.

"And you ain't say nothing?" Kayla said playfully pushing Joe.

"Nobody said anything. Shit was silent as hell. Only person that probably tried to say something was Kendell. Top knew he was dead wrong though,he ain't do nothing but laugh the whole time." He explained. It bothered Jalanee that He allowed her to disrespect her name,simply because they got into a disagreement. He went from barking at anyone who didn't address her anything that wasn't her name,to being the one to disrespect her. The whole situation was crazy to her,and the only thing she was trying to understand is why he was doing this to her.

____________________________________